What to do when WTT!

Missi

Reaction score
I wanted to let you know that during my (long) time in WTT I did loads of charting.

Morning temps
CM
OPK (internet cheapies)
Mood
Illness
Saliva

The first day we finally moved over to TTC, I got a +OPK on the internet cheapies and also a clearblue digital OPK. We :sex: each day for 3 days. We had started TTC, conceived and got a :bfp: in only 11 days :thumbup:

I thought I would share this because WTT was the worst part of the process for me, although now I am pleased I did so much charting. I don't think we would have got our :bfp: so soon if I hadn't charted as long as I did.

I would definitely suggest charting to anyone considering it. I only ever bought cheap internet products when WTT, then bought more expensive items when we started TTC. Fertilityplan on ebay has some great stuff and I would recommend them to anyone.

Hope this helps

Congrats on your BFP babe! I'm not doing the whole OPK thing like I did last time as I think I was the type of person to just get stressed about it all, but I'm keeping a close eye on my AF's with fertility friend. Helps me feel like I'm doing something constructive :)
x

Wow congratulations on getting your :bfp: so quick, that makes me feel really positive for when my time comes around :flower: thanks for sharing and all the best x x x

Congrats! Yay I am glad that I am charting and doing the tests now :)

OMG MISSI!!!! when did you get your BFP!?! congrats honey! wowwww

Thanks everyone, I'm really pleased that this is useful to some ppl. I really do understand the disadvantages of charting and the stress it can bring though.

Wishing you all millions of :dust: when the time is right and hope you spend as little time in TTC as I did. I was sure I was going to be stuck in TTC for years, DH and I already agreed on our infertility route. It just gives a little bit of hope (hopefully) x

Congrats.
So how long were you charting for before you moved over to ttc? I'm ttc june 2011 and since my cycles have been so irregular (due to coming off the pill last july) I was thinking of starting most of the methods u mentioned above next cycle.. Too soon or worth starting this early?
Xxxx

^ Yeah I was going to ask that, this is my first month so is four months enough?

Thanks amyclaire

I came off BCP in December 2007 and charted my cycle length from then onwards. In May 2009 (10 months before TTC) I started morning temperatures, saliva tests & CM monitoring. Then in June 2009 I started on the cheap internet OPK's.

Each month I would notice something different, and month by month could better predict my cycle. They ranged from 27 to 33 days in length after BCP, and ov ranged from day 14 to 20. Each month I used less OPK's as I could predict when I would get a positive result.

June 2011 will give you more than enough time to understand and predict your cycle.

I started charting for reassurance that I was ovulating as I suspected I wasn't. It was a bonus to notice all of the other patterns of my cycle TBH.

Hope this helps and let me know if there is anything else:hugs:

I know a little about it but how exactly do you do saliva tests and what do you look out for to indicate ovulation? Thought u needed a microscope or something?! xxxx

You buy a little kit (I think I got mine from fertilityplan on ebay). It's not the easiest to measure but it basically works like this:

You get a little bit of spit on your finger :)sick: I know) rub it on the lens from the kit and let it dry for 5-10 minutes. You then put the lens into the holder. Then you look through the hole, pressing the button to turn on the light at the same time. There will be a different pattern of saliva if you are ov'ing compared to if you are not.

I hope this is not too confusing, there will be a guide with the pack too so you know what patterns to look for. I found this charting method the least beneficial, although after a while you get to know what you are looking for.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->