What to do with lo whilst you shower?

missk1989

Reaction score
In a few weeks time my OH is going to NY for a week and ill be looking after lo alone. I dont know what to do with him whilst i shower in the mornings though. when OH had him last weekend alone he put him in his highchair whilst he had a quick shower but i am not comfortable with that as we would be on different floors and i wouldnt be able to see him. Plus when i wash my hair I will take longer. The chair is too big to get
upstairs and he is a little sod when left unattended upstairs, emptying draws and making a mess! What do you do with lo when you need a shower?

Hiya, I put lo in our pop up travel cot with lots of books by the door. X

I usually put LO in his cot with a few toys but he's really not loving that at the moment, I need to get OH to fit the stair gate at the top of the stairs. When this is done I will let him loose on the landing with toys. I will have to shut the bedroom doors and keep the bathroom door open while I shower so I can see/hear him. There's nothing on our landing that he could get in to like cupboards.

When he was tiny he would either be napping, or in his swing. From 9 months he would be in the jumperoo or playpen. We went through a phase where I had to bring him in so he would either be in his toddler Bath (we have shower wet room) or in the shower with me. Then from about 18 months I've just left him downstairs playing or watching tv.
You could shower once he's in bed? Xx

Either in a chair or in the shower with me. That or get up a bit earlier or when their napping or in bed at night time :)

I considered showering whilst he is in bed but then i would have to use the hairdryer and might wake him. Our shower is in our ensuite aswell so leaving him on the landing isnt an option. I suppose I could shut him in the bedroom with me in the ensuite and move things out of reach.

I have given up on showers in the morning and have them before going to bed at night now when the boys are asleep.

When DD was little enough I'd pop her in the playpen. When she learned to climb out I started bringing her in the shower with me. When she learned to climb out of the bath I pretty much had to just let her play upstairs while I had a very, very quick shower. Now she will sit on "Daddy bed" and watch videos on his Ipad. Now I have a newborn as well as a toddler it's a whole new challenge!

I normally put a small amount of water in the bottom of the bath then Pheebs will bath while I shower. Or I will shower and she will just play in the bathroom, normally playing peekaboo with the shower curtain :haha:

I just pop him in his cot with toys to play with, he loves it. I put toys in that he doesn't get access to the rest of the time, so he thinks it's a great treat. I make a big deal about it 'mummy's going in a shower now, and that means you get to play with.....' :thumbup:

I put on an episode of bubbleguppies (I have so many recorded) and dd sits like a statue and watches that while I have a shower! :)

To be honest if I'm stuck with having to have a shower in the morning and there is no one to help I put LO in the living room with the TV and some toys and hope for the best. He hates being in the bathroom with me and just screams. 99% of the time though I have a shower at night when he's asleep and let my hair dry overnight.

I just let him have free reign upstairs. I keep the bathroom door open so I can hear him and I'm done within a few minutes. He usually plays in his room, watches me shower or sits on the landing with a toy.

Hi, I put my LO in his bedroom. He has a baby safety gate on the door and he has all his toys and books etc in there. I keep the bathroom door open and keep talking to him saying Mummy is just getting in the shower now, etc. He is absolutely fine and doesn't care in the slightest. Some days he even closes his bedroom door as if to say - yeah ok mummy, bye now. I wanna play with my toys in peace. :haha:

When he slept in a cot I put him in there with a few toys, but since he started walking at 15months or so we put a baby gate on his room and left him to play by himself. The bathroom was next door and he would come to the gate to play boo while I was in the shower! We have fixed all the furniture to the walls so he can't pull it down on himself and all of his toys are suitable for his age so he can't come to any harm. Now he'll happily play by himself after breakfast while I get myself washed and dressed with no fuss.

Can he have bath with you while you have a shower? I have done that. Put the plug in and shower while LO had bath and just pulled up the plug when it got too full and plugged it again when enough had drained.

I have to wait till my partner takes my youngest , I couldnt leave him any where on own.

I just tell the kids I am going for a shower, scan the room to check there are no cups of coffee left on the side and then just have a shower!

I either shower when he's napping or let him play upstairs.

I mostly shower when she's in bed but if that's not possible then I put the tv on in the living room and she stays there. It's pretty much the only time she watches tv so she sits glued to the screen and I can guarantee she'll not move. She doesn't have access to any other rooms and the living room is more or less safe. We're on one level too so I can hear her and I call out to check on her now and again.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
queenmom14
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->