What to do with lo whilst you shower?

She showers with me unless DH is home. Very rare I get a shower on my own.

I live in a small apartment so everything is child proofed. I stick the telly on and go have a quick ten minute shower calling out to her to check she's okay every so often. She'll often come in to the bathroom and have a chat with me through the shower curtain.

Sometimes I just wait til nap time and shower then.

Or do it at night. If I close the bathroom door, the hair dryer doesn't wake her. It's white noise anyway!

Depends, if he's content downstairs I just shut the gate to the kitchen and run lol. If he's not then I bring him upstairs, shut the stair gate and leave him to have full run. He's normally too busy playing with his cars to trash anything but occasionally he'll empty a draw or a packet of wipes, nothing too drastic.

My LO sits in his high chair in the bathroom with me. The only way I can get him to sit there for 5 mins is to put an episode of Peppa Pig on the iPad - yes I do feel guilty about this!

When Emily was small I used to put her bouncer in the bathroom with me or else she was napping in our room next door, now If I shower in the morning I usually put on a Mickey Mouse DVD for her & she sits on the sofa, its the only thing she sits still for, she's usually still in the same position when I get back, Mickey is my saviour!! ;)

When Sophie was tiny I used to put her in her swing chair or bouncer in the bathroom. Then it would be her cot with a few toys. She went into a bed at 18 months after climbing out of her cot, so I used to just have the travel cot up in the living room all the time with a few toys in it for her to go into when I needed to do anything like putting the washing out, showering etc. Our stairs in the house we were in at the time went down into the living room and started right outside the bathroom door so I just left the door open and I could hear her.

Since we've been in the house we are in now, which we moved into just before she turned 3, I've put the TV on for her while I've been in the shower because we have a shower room just across the hall from the living room and i just leave the door open. I also sometimes have my shower at night instead after she has gone to bed and dry my hair downstairs. x

I get up realllyyyy early before OH goes to work and have a shower. If for some reason I cant do this because hes gone out pre 4am when the kids get up then I will leave DS1 in the lounge which is as safe as it could possibly be and put DS2 on the bathroom floor with a couple toys and take a 5 minute shower and rush back downstairs.

DS1 has autism, if he didn't I probably wouldn't worry about leaving him downstairs while I showered. If my kids were happy in a highchair with toys while I showered I would happily do that seems safe enough to me as long as they are strapped in properly.

I don't shower when Los up I wait till he's in bed then get a bath so I can relax. For me there's no point if I can't enjoy it x

Amelia-Rose is in a toddler bed now, so leaving her in her cot is no longer an option. I normally have her in the bathroom with me, bring her toys in so she can play and I can keep a close eye on her. :)

I always shower in the evenings after DD has gone to bed, OH has his in the morning anyway and takes forever lol!

Assuming she's awake whilst I shower, I generally leave her in my bed with the ipad, cbeebies on tv and a couple of books and go and have my shower. I always tell her first and she understands. The bathroom and bedroom are next door to each other and she can always come into the bathroom if she wants too, but never does as it's her one time of the day she is allowed on the ipad! I am only in the shower for 10 mins max.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
queenmom14
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->