What to expect at first midwife appt

Doodlebug88

Reaction score
Hi, I have my first midwife appt in 24th October and will be around 8 weeks then. They've said it will take about 1 and half hours so just wondering what happens?:shrug:
Xx

They ask you every single thing about yourself and your family they possibly could lol x

Haha! Yes wss ^ they will ask you about your family medical history like history of twins, depression, difficult pregnancy , high blood pressure , blood clots and asks you this about you , your parents, grandparents! As if you'd know everything ! :) they'll also ask some questions about baby's Dad's health and background and they take bloods testing for STIs and immunity to rubella. That's just what I can remember from mine... Which was nearly 3 years ago ! :) xxx

Lots of questions about your health and your families health, marital status, employment info and so on. They will take about 4 vials of blood for testing and a urine sample as we'll. You'll also get a tree's worth of leaflets and lots of info about future appointments, who to contact on an emergency, what they test for and look for on scans.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->