What to expect at first midwife appt

Discussion in 'Pregnancy - First Trimester' started by Doodlebug88, Oct 10, 2013.

1. Doodlebug88

Doodlebug88 Well-Known Member

Hi, I have my first midwife appt in 24th October and will be around 8 weeks then. They've said it will take about 1 and half hours so just wondering what happens?:shrug:
    Xx

2. LegoHouse

LegoHouse Mummy of one of each <3

They ask you every single thing about yourself and your family they possibly could lol x

3. bluejen

bluejen Guest

Haha! Yes wss ^ they will ask you about your family medical history like history of twins, depression, difficult pregnancy , high blood pressure , blood clots and asks you this about you , your parents, grandparents! As if you'd know everything ! :) they'll also ask some questions about baby's Dad's health and background and they take bloods testing for STIs and immunity to rubella. That's just what I can remember from mine... Which was nearly 3 years ago ! :) xxx

4. Wannabe Mommy

Wannabe Mommy Pregnant FTM

Lots of questions about your health and your families health, marital status, employment info and so on. They will take about 4 vials of blood for testing and a urine sample as we'll. You'll also get a tree's worth of leaflets and lots of info about future appointments, who to contact on an emergency, what they test for and look for on scans.