What to Expect Before You're Expecting

ArtIsLife

Reaction score
What are you all doing to prep yourself to TTC eventually?

My mom just got me the book 'What to expect BEFORE you're expecting' (she is wayyyy to excited to become grandma) and I love it! I didn't realize there was so much I could be doing now to prepare for pregnancy/baby (such as starting on prenatal vitamins NOW?!)

What are doing to prepare yourself/your body etc?

With my first I didn't do anything except stop taking the pill. For the next I've been taking prenatals (never stopped taking them after the birth, actually) and a B12 vitamin, and exercising so I can continue to exercise during pregnancy. :flower:

Taking a multi, exercising, and this may be an odd one, but starting kegels! Lol!
Art, I'm right there with you. I would LOVE to start now, but our "agreed upon" timeframe is May and I don't think DH will budge... Bummer! Oh well...

Taking a multi, exercising, and this may be an odd one, but starting kegels! Lol!
Art, I'm right there with you. I would LOVE to start now, but our "agreed upon" timeframe is May and I don't think DH will budge... Bummer! Oh well...

May is our agreed upon timeframe, too! (we just got married and agreed to wait 6 months)Goal is to have a small credit card paid off by then.

I take a one a day vitamin for women which has 400 mcg's of folic acid and I try to be active every day.

We plan on ttc in august 2015, so I'm not doing too much right now.
I am however working on getting a lot healthier and fitter. I'm not overweight but my diet does include way too much junk lol. Also I'd like to get an exercise routine in that I can continue throughout pregnancy.

I started taking a pregnancy vitamin a few wks ago, and will continue taking it up to and during pregnancy. I also use fertility friend so I know my cycles are pretty regular now and I know when I'm ovulating. I don't drink or smoke. I suppose I could try and exercise more haha. But that's about it :) oh and I have spoken to my dr already and am going to see her in January for bloods and stuff (she said this was more to do with seeing if vaccinations are up to date?).

I'm with you, I want to start NOW! hehe

Yeah I'm wayyy too excited to wait, haha. I decided I'm going to start taking prenatal vitamins, so I started that yesterday, and I am going to use a yoga DVD I have a few times a week and try to keep that up as far as I can through pregnancy. :)

I've started losing weight in preparation for TTC (and just to get healthier overall). I plan on starting a prenatal vitamin before we start TTC as well. Another huge one is that I'm working on cutting caffeine out completely, which has been pretty tough for me.

I've started losing weight in preparation for TTC (and just to get healthier overall). I plan on starting a prenatal vitamin before we start TTC as well. Another huge one is that I'm working on cutting caffeine out completely, which has been pretty tough for me.

I'm from Wisconsin too! :D

Yay for another Wisconsinite! :haha: Which part are you from? I'm in Northeastern Wisconsin in the Green Bay area.

In the book it says you can have up to about two cups of coffee when you're pregnant. I think it also says caffeine isn't good when TTC though...

Yay for another Wisconsinite! :haha: Which part are you from? I'm in Northeastern Wisconsin in the Green Bay area.

I'm in the same area, near Appleton! Go Pack! LOL So happy so find someone near by on here! Most people on these boards seem to be from the UK.

In the book it says you can have up to about two cups of coffee when you're pregnant. I think it also says caffeine isn't good when TTC though...

Honestly, if you listened to everything advice said you'd be very limited on what you can eat, drink, and do during the trying and pregnancy part. :haha: Don't drink a pot of coffee every day, but a cup or two of coffee/tea/cola/etc isn't going to hurt a normal woman with no fertility problems. (and there was no way I would have survived trying/pregnancy without my morning pick up before work :coffee:) Moderation and common sense is key! Check with your OB too, mine set me straight on a lot of misconceptions that I've seen on here, like the truth about deli meat. Obviously though, if you're uncomfortable with something, then it's okay to avoid it. :flower:

Honestly, if you listened to everything advice said you'd be very limited on what you can eat, drink, and do during the trying and pregnancy part. :haha: Don't drink a pot of coffee every day, but a cup or two of coffee/tea/cola/etc isn't going to hurt a normal woman with no fertility problems. (and there was no way I would have survived trying/pregnancy without my morning pick up before work :coffee:) Moderation and common sense is key! Check with your OB too, mine set me straight on a lot of misconceptions that I've seen on here, like the truth about deli meat. Obviously though, if you're uncomfortable with something, then it's okay to avoid it. :flower:

Great advice! Ive been hearing about a lot of myths as well. I look forward to talking with an OB about all of it.

I started taking Folic Acid. My goal is to lose 10 pounds before TTC

I'm in the same area, near Appleton! Go Pack! LOL So happy so find someone near by on here! Most people on these boards seem to be from the UK.

:happydance: Yay Packers! I rarely see anyone from Wisconsin on here. It's awesome to find someone so close!

There's tons of ladies from the UK on here, although there's a lot more from other places than there was when I first joined 6 years ago.

I still drink a little caffeine when pregnant, usually one soda a day. But right now I drink somewhere around 5 a day :blush: So cutting back is definitely a priority.

Hm, what am i doing to prepare.. I'm taking vitamins, trying to make space in the apartment by selling or giving away things that don't get used. I don't have any weight loss goals, but i do want to be physically strong and healthy so i have started myself on a workout routine. I've also been trying to eat more whole foods instead of processed foods as well as eat organic when I can. I've read a number of books about birth and pregnancy, which i think has been helpful. I can't get enough as far as education goes when it comes to ttc, birth and caring for babies and whatever else related.
Lets see.. I also started charting my temperature to detect ovulation and am looking into things that will be helpful when ttc time rolls around. Like preseed and vitamins and herbs for the DH and his swimmers. lol. And vitamins and herbs for me too of course. I recently learned of vitex, ginseng, maca root and evening primrose oil. Part of me wants to just go all out with all the ttc tricks just in case, so we don't waste any time when we get started. haha:blush:

Wow, I didn't know about all lf those things I could be taking, I will have to look into them...I do need to start charting my temp daily. Ive never done it before, does anyone have any tips on charting?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->