What to put in resignation letter?

bubblychick

Mum of G & M
Reaction score
I've made the very difficult decision to give up work, I've had a lot of issues with hours and childcare the last few months and it's just getting too stressful, I've calculated we can afford for me to give up work as long as we live on a very tight budget for the next year or so.

The only problem is I have no idea what to put in a resignation letter :/

I kept my two week notice short and sweet. Basically "Thanks for all of the opportunities, I've enjoyed working with the company, wishing you all the best!"

You can also Google sample resignation letters and modify one you like to fit you. :)

I'm kid of worried I've been with the company 6 years and I love the people but the hours they're offering aren't suitable so I don't have much choice.
I'm going to have a look on Google and modify one :)

something like:

please accept this letter as 2 weeks (or whatever) notice that my last day at work with the company will be 20th december 2013. I have enjoyed my time with the company but regretfully due to difficulties in arranging childcare i have no option but to offer my resignation.

good luck! and enjoy staying at home x

You dont need to go into reasons, it isn't going to be used for anything other than your legal notice of giving up work so they have it on file. It's usually just "this is my notice, thank you for the opportunity" obviously you can fatten it up a bit more than that but it doesn't need to be more than a couple of lines. I had a good relationship with my last manager so I spoke to her about it and explained my reasons so the letter was only a formality for HR. If you're not going to be seeing them in person I would perhaps email as a friendly gesture or whatever to your manager and just keep the resignation letter as the short and sweet formality it is.

I'd be sure to include a clear statement that it is a letter of resignation, the last date that you will be working, and a thank you for the time you've spent with the company.

You definitely don't need to specify reasons, especially in detail. I would just thank your employer for the opportunity and any professional experience you've gained from the job. Tell them you've enjoyed working for them (if you have) and wish them the best of luck in the future!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nirmala kann
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->