• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

What traditional wedding things can you not stand?

Hmm... I'd ditch the receiving line. As for the dance with the parents. Make it fun, none of those old fashioned traditions. Add some fun songs to dance to!

I dont think we do that over here, iv not saw it done.

Oooh the wedding march...yeah we're not having that. Haha! And I didn't even know about the receiving line :lol: I will be having a dance with my Dad and with my Mum (the latter probably a drunken dance) though :thumbup:

Have to laugh at the whole "wedding march" thing - when I got married we had completely different music to come in to and walk out to (both organ pieces), but having been in the choir since I was 8, the trad in and out music leaves me completely cold. When I played the piece I was going to walk in to to my housemate, she looked at me "gone out", and wanted to know how people would know I was coming in! :rofl:

As a guest, I really hate the receiving line. Chances are, I don't know half of the people in it and it seems like an excuse not to mingle during the reception.

I also hate the bouquet toss. They can get a little too competitive, at times.

Cake smushing and food fights are funny to watch, but I wouldn't want to participate.

I hate the whole "We must have a poorly choreographed dance routine" trend that's been going on lately. Except this one. This one is awesome! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KgZ4ZTTfKO8

Omg, that video is awsome. Bless her she was so surprised.

Hahah, that's awesome!!! How would you even get all those people together to practice?!? Lol

I can't stand all of the typical wedding dances like the Electric Slide, the Cha Cha Slide, the Chicken Dance, etc. I also hate vows that use the words "the wife must be submissive and obey her husband." A friend of mine had that in her vows at least 4 times throughout the ceremony.....definitely don't want to offend anyone, but I just feel that marriage is a partnership and should be equal :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cnewt116
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->