What type of Birth did you have? (with your youngest)

I gave birth at home, on our bedroom floor. No gas and air, just a lot of hand squeezing! Was in established labour for 2 hours and pushed for 17 mins. No tearing, no vitamin K and no placenta delivery injection.

Scheduled section because she was breech.

Vaginal delivery with G&A after being induced at 41+5. No tears or stitches, I didn't find pushing painfull at all but the contractions hurt like hell :(

vaginal with an epi (even tho it didnt get time to work, poppy was in a hurry!)

i had a vaginal delivery with a relatively new drug called reminfentanil.
xx

A lovely water birth. Can't wait to do it again one day!

Elective C Section as LO was an unstable lie. I had to spend 2 weeks in hospital previous to it incase my waters broke early, there was a risk of a prolapsed cord and to LO if this happened. He was and still is "a wriggler".

Vaginal birth with a ventouse as he got stuck as he was back to back. Just gas and air for pain relief and a 2nd degree tear. Hurt like hell!

Assisted vaginal delivery with forceps.

I was induced at 40 weeks due to gestational hypertension, ended up with an epidural then after 2 and a half hours of pushing they realised he wasn't coming because his head was on the wonk so they used forceps.

I'm surprised at how many people had forceps. They sound really brutal. I was born with them and I'd always got the impression that they were old fashioned.

I had a regular birth without an epidural. I'm really proud of myself for not screaming for an epidural. I don't think any less of anyone else for having one though because I've been telling everyone since that they should have one. The pain is ridiculous.

Vaginal with the head hoover and not the salad tongs :D

only gas and air as pain relief

An elective section, and still SO glad i chose that. It worked out fantastically and i had a very positive experience. Was def the best decision for me :)

I did go into labour before my date though and had 3 hours of contractions! Was on gas and air and wanted to murder someone. Anyone.

xx

could you elaborate please? im interested! :flower:

Of course (very few hospitals offer it at the moment).

I knew I didn't want an epidural (I felt it would be too invasive for me), & when I was at my antenatal classes, the midwife mentioned the hospital offered remifentanil, which some people opt for. Though I'd wanted a water birth, after having contractions 3 minutes apart for 16 hours & only just getting to 4cm, I was finding g&a wasn't cutting it & begged for remifentanil instead.

It's a drip that goes into your hand & then you press a button whenever you contract (so you have control it). I had a wonderful, pain free established labour with it (it's taken away when you need to push in order for your body to break it down, & unlike pethidine it doesn't make your baby drowsy as it has a very short half life, so breaks down really quickly). I didn't need a catheter, I had skin to skin with bella as soon as she was born & once I was stitched up, I was able to get up, have a shower & freshen up myself & was comfortably walking around the ward later that day (I gave birth at 6.10am).

xx

I was induced at 41+6, had 17 hours of horribly painful contractions that even the epidural couldn't completely make pain-free as her head was pushing against my pelvis (she never dropped) and she was blocking my bladder from emptying even with the catheter. After 45 minutes of pushing with the hopes that she would then drop into my pelvis they finally decided to give me an emergency c-section where they realized I had obstructed labour and would have never been able to have her vaginally (her back was to my ribs so she couldn't drop down into my pelvis).

xx

I knew I didn't want an epidural (I felt it would be too invasive for me), & when I was at my antenatal classes, the midwife mentioned the hospital offered remifentanil, which some people opt for. Though I'd wanted a water birth, after having contractions 3 minutes apart for 16 hours & only just getting to 4cm, I was finding g&a wasn't cutting it & begged for remifentanil instead.

It's a drip that goes into your hand & then you press a button whenever you contract (so you have control it). I had a wonderful, pain free established labour with it (it's taken away when you need to push in order for your body to break it down, & unlike pethidine it doesn't make your baby drowsy as it has a very short half life, so breaks down really quickly). I didn't need a catheter, I had skin to skin with bella as soon as she was born & once I was stitched up, I was able to get up, have a shower & freshen up myself & was comfortably walking around the ward later that day (I gave birth at 6.10am).

xx

This sounds like what I had, but I was so sure it was an epidural? Were you clear-headed or did it make you drowsy?

I had a vaginal delivery with the walking epidural (intrathecal) - Absolutely brilliant! One quick shot in the back and instant 2 hours of 100% pain relief. Wore off just as it was time to push, so I unfortunately felt every second of that 7 minutes of pushing.

xx

xx

This sounds like what I had, but I was so sure it was an epidural? Were you clear-headed or did it make you drowsy?

no, it wasn't an epidural, they offer it at my hospital as an alternative to one :) (but they also offer epidural if you prefer!). it did make me drowsy for the minute or so it was in my system with each contraction. i had nothing in my back.

xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"