What type of TTCer will you be?

lauraloo24

Reaction score
Hi guys, just wondered, when the time comes for you to TTC, what attitude are you going to take towards it?

1) come off BC & just let nature take its course
2) Use OPK's, bulk buy pregnancy tests, demand BDing from OH when its the right time, get really worked up/excited about it all
3) Or a mixture of the two?

I kind of want things to be as laid back as possible, don't want to annoy the OH too much..... But at the same time, i will have been waiting two years for a baby by then. So i will be kinda desperate. Might try charting to get a better idea of my cycle so i know roughly when the right time to BD is. But will try not to take a test until first missed AF, don't want it to completely take over my life! I have noticed that quite a few of the girls who were in TTC for months had a month off and then got their :bfp: so there has to be some milage in being relaxed about it all.xxx

I think I'm somewhere in between. I'd keep it relaxed, but I'd inform OH that it was 'prime time' when I was ovulating. :) Lots of pregnancy tests are a must though, I get so paranoid and excited!!! :rofl:

xx

I want to go to NTNP, and hope that im one of the lucky ones who gets pregnant without all that hard work. Im pretty rubbish at anything technical.

I'm already charting and will have been for 4 years by the time we ttc, so i will hint around O hehe. A mixture of the two! I'll buy tests though x

Good question Lauraloo!

I will probably just let nature take its course and enjoy it whilst it happens! (mainly because i just do not have a clue how to chart!!Ha) I will definately be bulk-buying preggo tests though, we already buy loads, and they cost a fair amount... Does anyone know of places you can actually bulk buy? not too sure I'd be happy walking into tesco to buy 10+ preggo tests at a time! haha
xxx

Lou: You can get cheapies online eg ebay (if you didn't know that :blush:). I'm currently keeping an eye out for a bulk of teccies/sainsburys ones (mostly on ebay again), because I don't trust cheapies...

xxx

I wont be doing any of the timing thing to start, hopefully will work in a couple of months (i might have a shock though!) but if still nothing then probably look into all the OPKs etc. BDing appens a couple of times a week anyway, but would probably up that as soon as finish first real AF. I have already bought sum preg tests! im still protected by my pill and everything hehe. wen i get them tho im guna take one (i know it will be BFN obviously) but wil jus wana see wot my reaction is, if i am happy or sad. Plus, wana know wot to do with them before i test for real hehe :D i think they are all excuses really and i jus too excited wen i get them, an i wil ope that miracles will have happened haha!!
Leigh xx

when we move in together i'm going to buy some OPK's! And I'll most likely be having acupuncture when we ttc, it regulates my cycles so well!

ill be nothing bare having the fun times haha
i havent a clue how to do all this charting lol
im just hoping it will happen quickly as it did with amber

I'm kinda currently doing 1, but when i can start properly then it'll probably end up being 2 :blush: xx

ill be nothing bare having the fun times haha
i havent a clue how to do all this charting lol
im just hoping it will happen quickly as it did with amber

You got preggers with amber when you were on the pill didnt you? bet that was a total shock!

I admit I will be taking OPKs, but mostly because I want to know if I am ovulating or not (at all) my cycles are still all messed up following my last pregnancy, I am breastfeeding and I have a couple of small cysts on each ovary, so I would like to know where I stand in terms of my TTC chances and whether we are wasting our time!

However, I won't see a positive, lube up with preseed and demand the BDing commence whether DH or I are horny or not, I will just be letting nature take its course.

I think I (luckily) get horny around the right time of the month anyway - maybe that is hormonal. I don't personally find the idea of ovulating at all erotic so won't be BDing just because I got a positive! haha

We will just be removing the barriers and letting nature take its course. But I will be using OPKs as well, so I guess you would have to place me in the middle...

:D

Are you kidding me. I'm (technically) WTT and I am ALREADY #2 :rofl::rofl:

That's what I loved about acu, when I had it my cycles were great and I was horny around ovulation hehe.

Number 2 !!!! It was supposed to be number 1 but I really want a baby now so I have bought a fertility monitor which most people that have used it have said that they were pregnant within 2 cycles !!!!

We will just be seeing how it goes as I don't want it to become a chore or routine and, as we BD about 5+ times or so a week anyway, I am hoping we would catch the window of opportunity.

If nothing was happening after a prolonged amount of time then I would consider making it more technical but will avoid that for as long as possible x

oh my! Pops thats amazing, I dont think I could do 5+ times per week!

I think I have no option but to fall straight into option 2. its like a natural control freak type thing. perhaps i'll feel more chilled out and willing to let nature take its course as soon as I find out if i'm ovulating or not.

I guess this question is also assuming that none of us have any fertility probs that we dont know about as I recon most people would fall into category 2 if they found out that thier chances were reduced for some reason :)

I think I'll probably start on #2 but get bored with it all and OH will end up being in charge of it and just jump on me at the right time. I like being surprised like that lol so i'm happy with that!!!

the fertility monitor sounds good, whats it like? May get one of those hehe

xxx

I'm kind of hovering between WTT and TTC because we wouldn't mind it happening now, but later would be a little better ....so we're just letting nature take it's course. If it happens in the first 12 months then great. If not, we've got a big holiday books in November and we'll go on that, if still nothing after that, that's our 12 months and we get the GP involved....not literally of course :rofl:

We're only young....hubby has his 25th birthd in 3 weeks and I was 25 in September, so plenty of grand scheme time but I'd like to be a 'young mum' so time is running out for that! :rofl:

Got some promising symptoms this cycle though (crying at River Cottage is a classic pregnant lady thing I'm sure. Lambs are just so damned cute!!) ....just waiting for hubby's birthday to test (before you think I'm all barking we have no idea how long a cycle is, or when to test so if :witch: shows up beforehand we haven't got our hopes up, and if we get a BFN on the 30th then we know we're in for the long haul. Trying to hedge the old bets and guarantee hubby a birthday :bfp:

But, to answer the actual question....god I'm babbling!!!.....no OPK's, no thermometers, not even CM checking at the moment that's how realxed we are! lol :rofl:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->