What urban legends/ghost stories scare you the most?

Kitty23

Mummy to Poppy and Noah
Reaction score
Following on from another thread, what are the scariest urban legends or ghost stories that you know?

Mine is the "Humans can lick to" eeek it scares the crap out of me https://urbanlegends.about.com/od/horrors/a/humans_can_lick.htm
:cry:
xxx

I'd have to say the one about Bloody Mary. If you splash water on the mirror, turn around and say "Blood Mary" 3 times, when you turn around, she'll be in the mirror. :argh:

:wacko: I'm going to have nightmares about that dog licking one now :lol:
Can't say I'v ever heard that before, very creepy!

I can't think of any urban legends or ghost stories at the moment tbh apart from that bloody Mary one! My minds a blank!

There was once this story circulating when we were kids (not sure if its an urban legand or not) that if you walk in a graveyard or cemetary at night and you see a pair of red eyes its the devil and He will take you to hell! That used to freak me out because I always used to have to walk past a cemetary to get home from my friends house lol!!! I never used to run fast enough past there I tell ya!!

x

Lol the bloody mary one used to scare me to eek! And I used to be scared that something was going to chase me down the stairs so I still run down the stairs really fast. I'm such a loser lol :) xxx

ermm theres alot of urban legends isn't there ... isn't there a film that has most of them in ? like the dog (or cat?) in the microwave ... drinking poprocks and coke (makes u explode) the man with the hook for a hand .... etc whats the film called ?! i bets its something stupid called urban legends lol:dohh:

ermm theres alot of urban legends isn't there ... isn't there a film that has most of them in ? like the dog (or cat?) in the microwave ... drinking poprocks and coke (makes u explode) the man with the hook for a hand .... etc whats the film called ?! i bets its something stupid called urban legends lol:dohh:

i think it is actually called urbal legend lol could be a diff film though :D

gonna look at some on the net now i think,havnt found one that really creeps me out yet x

yeah the humans can lick one freaks me out (my uncle told me it when i was about 10)

Guess I'll be sleeping with the mattress on the floor then - I'm home alone tonight. :rofl:

Following on from another thread, what are the scariest urban legends or ghost stories that you know?

Mine is the "Humans can lick to" eeek it scares the crap out of me https://urbanlegends.about.com/od/horrors/a/humans_can_lick.htm
:cry:
xxx

I have no idea where we heard it from but we used to tell this as a ghost story when I was about 8, its amazing how things like this get passed down through generations and between person to person.
Its like how im fascinated about how playground songs get passed down and survive and how someone from say scotland can know the same child song that I did in london yet both think they where the ones who came up with it :)

I'd have to say the one about Bloody Mary. If you splash water on the mirror, turn around and say "Blood Mary" 3 times, when you turn around, she'll be in the mirror. :argh:

Sorry I have to tell my little story about this.
When I was 15 we all went on a camping trip with my air cadets, now its a tradition the first night for the older cedets to scare the hell out of the new recruits.
So this first night there was a major thunderstorm and it was so beautifull all pink skys with lightning everywhere but we where told we had to stay in the changing room cubicles for the night because the tents where not safe.
Being typical teens we decided not to break tradition and scare the hell out of the younger ones so we told them about bloody mary, we ran through the whole story building up suspense and it was great that the power had all gone out and lightning everywhere so we only had torches.
The plan was to then take them one by one into the loos and get them to stare into the mirror and then just scare them, others outside hearing the scream would add to their fear (hay I never said we where pleasent teens).
So I take the first one into the loos and shes staring in the mirror, im about to pounce behind her and scare her when all of a sudden this massive bolt of lighting hit the ground just outside and lit the whole field, building the lot up.
She screams spins around clobbers me one by accident, I ran for the door just as someone else screams and runs in and knocks me out cold with the door.
I cam round a few seconds later to find everyone running round like headless chicken screaming and crying so I went to open the main door just as anouther bolt of lightning shot across the sky and lit up the face of our officer standing in the doorway coming to see what all the screaming was about, I pretty much craped myself and we all swore that the tradition of scaring younger cadets ended that night :)

Lol the bloody mary one used to scare me to eek! And I used to be scared that something was going to chase me down the stairs so I still run down the stairs really fast. I'm such a loser lol :) xxx

OMG I thought I was the only fruit loop that did this, even to this day if om walking down staires in the night this image pops in my head of hands coming out the wall behind me trying to grab or push me so I leg it :)

OMG I thought I was the only fruit loop that did this, even to this day if om walking down staires in the night this image pops in my head of hands coming out the wall behind me trying to grab or push me so I leg it :)

Lol I'm glad I'm not the only one. DH pisses himself everytime he hears me thundering down the stairs! I get that goosebumpy feeling at the top of the stairs. ahh its scary being us lol! xxx

The legend that always scares me the most is 'I bet you're glad you didn't switch the lights on'

https://urbanlegends.about.com/od/horrors/a/turn_on_light.htm

When I first heard it, I freaked!

There's one about a woman who got into her car and was driving home. There is a car behind her that keeps flashing it's lights at her and she starts getting annoyed and ends up pulling into a service station and gets out the car. The guy gets out of the other car and tells her to lock her car and go into the station. So she does. Turns out that there was a man with a knife in the back seat of her car but every time he went to strike her the car behind, who could see their shadow, flashed their lights so the guy got back down in the seat again...

Oh my god... I get so freaked out by mirrors in the dark because of that one story! I don't even want to type the name, I'm so superstitious about it. :rofl:

Oooh, I used to believe every one of these!! :D

I remember getting an email about ten years ago when I was still in school which freaked me out no end. It was a 'warning' from a friend of a friend, detailing an incident which was said to have been on the news in the USA at the time. A guy had met this girl in a bar, she'd invited him on to a party, he'd had a few drinks, blacked out, and then woke up the following morning in a bath full of ice. Confused, he sat up, but felt a dull pain in his lower back. When he stood up to see what had happened, he could see two incisions... His kidneys had been stolen and apparently sold on the black market! I've heard a few different versions of that one :)

The other one I almost believed was the story a couple of years ago about 'things found in ball pits' - snakes nests, hypodermic needles, dead rats.... Urgh.

I got I just asked OH to turn the bedroom light on before he goes down stairs. :rofl: I really need ti stop reading this
zz

The other one I almost believed was the story a couple of years ago about 'things found in ball pits' - snakes nests, hypodermic needles, dead rats.... Urgh.

I used to work at a Chuck E. Cheese with a ball pit; we never found anything horrifying in there, but it was a great place to find all the tokens that fell out of kids' pockets. :haha: Tickets, too. Unfortunately the bottom was also full of dirty socks, half-eaten candy, mouldy food bits and unidentifiable yuck, sooo... I still wouldn't be too eager to play in there. :lol:

we used to tell the story of 'black coffin' ..wish i could remember the story!! any1 else heard it?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->