What was your first ever job?

My first Saturday type job was in a newsagents whilst I was at school and college. I also did a paper round at the same time.

My first 'proper' job was at a bank in a call centre. It was just taking inbound calls helping people with their queries. I ended up staying in the same industry and am now a financial adviser :)

Collecting the milk money with the Milkman when I was about 13/14. Used to get £10 for two evenings work lol.

Then a babysitting job at 16 which was also £10.

A temporary office job of 3 months. I was an assistant. Sometimes I had nothing to do so they'd tell me to sort out recyclable and reusable papers. It was boring as hell.

I used to stick up skittles with a friend for our mums team, wasn't very old would say 12-14, got couple drinks and £5 each week, we were happy!

Actual proper employed job was in a bookshop, loved that one

I did my work experience in a Law firm, I was determined to be a British Elle Woods from Legally blonde :haha:, turns out its not that glamorous really lol

Then my first proper job I was a life guard in the local council leisure centre.

I was 15 and worked in a plant nursery. Worse manager ever!!

I used to babysit for neighbours from 13, I always loved minding kids, I used to do that for my summer holidays up to 16, then I got a Summer job in Dunnes Stores in the clothing section, I didn't really like that, the other staff were not very nice to me and gave me all the crap jobs to do:growlmad: My 1st full time job after college was a Personal Assistant to a Manager in an Engineering Company, I loved that, was there 2 years until the company went bust, was so sad to finish up there, from then up to now I've worked in various clerical/accounts roles for different companies, I'm now employed by our County Council in our local fire station and I love it most days, its a small office, I get on well with all staff and the firemen are lovely to deal with, unfortunately not as much eye candy as I thought there would be though :haha:

Saturday girl in a local bakery from 13. As well as baby sitting from the same age.

I baked from home and sold them to the local bakery!

My first job was a waitress in a local hotel I was about 16 I lasted one night... I dropped a used butter knife on a posh mans suit and spilt soup on a ladies dress... definitely wasn’t for me lol x

Oh dear, lol! When I worked in a coffee shop I accidentally dropped an empty plate on a lady's foot and she had a right go at me!

paper round. my second job i kept for longer was working at a used records shop. and in the holidays I also did some stand in for an office cleaner.

My first ever job was a weekend job in a clothes shop called international. I started when I was still in schoo. Did every Saturday and Sunday and got £3.75 an hour for my troubles :rofl:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lynnedm78
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->