What will I see at 6 week scan?

TTC1983

Reaction score
I will be 6 weeks exactly on Monday (although I may have ovulated a day or 2 early so possibly 6 weeks 2 days at most).

I have an early scan booked in due to my medical history - what are the chances of seeing a heartbeat?

What should I be seeing if I don't see a heartbeat?

It could go either way. I saw my LO heart beat at 6w, 2 days. You should at least see a yolk sac and fetal pole. FX!

You'll see a sac and a tiny little jelly bean. If the doctor is able to find the heartbeat you'll see a pulsation.

I saw a yolk sac and nothing else on mine, that was abdominal tho...

I saw yolk, sac and little flickering dot on mine at 5w5d abdominal. Everyone is different x

I had an abdominal scan (he started with that since I'm petite and he figured he'd be able to find it fine with that and he did) when I was 6 w 2 d (measured 6 w 1 d tho) and heartbeat was seen - so everything. My hcg was already high at this point, which gave me a good chance of seeing what we wanted to see. If that's the case for you too, you should see it all :) If you don't tho, it may just be a little early and they will book another and give things a little more time to develop <3

Sorry, just read your question more carefully - you should hopefully see a gestational sac, yolk sac, and fetal pole. Those come before heartbeat :) But I wouldn't be surprised at all if you saw everything too.

I was 6+6 and there was an obvious bean. It took her a while to get the heart rate.

She might not have been able to get it if I had gone earlier. I always try to make sure I go at what I think is over 7 weeks in case I also get put back a few days.

Both times I've been put back. I wouldn't go at 6 weeks if you can help it. Try to put it off another week.

I had a scan earlier this week at 6+2 for reassurance purposes due to three previous losses, and only saw gestational sac plus yolk sac and what they said was possibly the start of a foetal pole. So it has left me feeling not reassured at all when others seem to have seen everything at the same stage. I wish I'd had my scan later now to at least know for sure either way, I'm booked in for a rescan at 7+6 which is going to seem like an eternity away.

I went for an ultrasound at 6+4 and saw a yolk sack and the baby looked like a grain of rice. It was too early for a heartbeat at that stage, but I went back exactly a week later at 7+4 and heard a good strong healthy heartbeat then and the grain of rice had doubled in size.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->