What would you choose?

beachlover1

Pregnant and mummy of one
Reaction score
Hello,

its still early days for me but its starting to play on my mind VBAC or CS!!!:wacko:

I had a non elective (!!!), non emergency CS with my son....I had Placenta praevia and no choice. He was born at 35 weeks and i had an amazing recovery.

Now baby number 2 is due and i obviously have the choice. I have had 3 MCs so actually getting to this stage is a miracle to me!!!! I have been in a clinical trial on steroids as you can see in my signature....my babies are miracles!!:cloud9:

One consultant i see has said CS...he knows the difficult road i have been down and feels i need to be as safe as poss. The other one i see is pushing for a VBAC (shorter stay she says) Id actually enjoy the 3 day rest :thumbup:

What would you do do you think? Im swaying CS, im not at all adverse to one again but wanting to see other peoples opinions.:flower:

I'd have the c-section...especially since you've already had one. But, I have a fear of giving birth, so I'm always prone to telling people to go for the c-section if there's a choice.

Honestly, I would go for the c-section as well. There are risks to both a c-section and a VBAC and I would much rather have a repeat, non-emergency c-section than have one on an urgent basis if the VBAC did not work out. That is just my opinion of course and you really need to go in the direction you are most comfortable with in the end :)

My own view is c section but thats because I am having an elective this time

The consultant did say that I could have a VBAC if I wanted (I never wanted a VBAC) but If it didnt work and I ended up with a EMCS that can be risky

Well, I'm pro VBAC, even if I couldn't have one myself. I just sincerely dislike c-sections! :haha: I had my first c-section after failure to progress during my son's labour. With my 2nd, I wanted a VBAC, but she went into distress at 37 weeks and we needed another EMCS. With my 3rd, I went into labour at 37 weeks and had another EMCS. I never reached any of my elective c-section dates. I prefer it that way! Less terrifying for me.

So normally, I would say VBAC. But in your case, having lost so many babies already, I don't know. It makes it difficult. I do think a c-section in your case could be advisable. Or, if it were me, I'd wanted a VBAC in the hospital, where they can help asap if anything goes wrong.

Good luck with your decision!

if you had an amazing recovery then I'd go with a C-section :happydance:

pop over to the VBAC support thread in my signature, look at the first post theres tons of info in all the spoliers and then theres a bunch of chat from us crazy VBAC/HBAC/CBAC ladies

I would go with another c-section and honestly that's what I'm gonna do! It's only an extra day in the hospital anyway.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->