what would you do when your lo's friend being mean?

mylittlebubs

Reaction score
well, my lo have a little girl friend and they love each other but quite often that his g/f would be a bit mean to him, like take toys away from him or don't share things.

i know it sounds normal but i find it difficult to handle

for example; i took lo to their house so they can play and if my friend give Lincoln (my lo) something to play with and she would want it right away, most of time she just snaps it off him and that upsets him a lot. i talked to her to let lo play first and she can have it later but i can't just snap it off her either.. and my friends also only say the same thing but did nothing else....

she also have problem with sharing even when lo play with my ipad (i have educational apps for him...lol)

so this week i only took lo there once and i just take him swimming instead twice a day

It's a tough one, I would keep visiting and just keep re-enforcing the need to stare. It's something they need to learn.

My Lo is a buggar sometimes for snatching toys off his little friend, they are both as bad ad each other though. Myself and my friend just keep reminding them. if they dont share we try distracting them with something else.

It's hard to watch things being taking off your Lo tho, especially when it upsets them. Perhaps talk to your friend and figure out the best way to handle those situations.

didnt want to r&r but not got much advice really - it is a hard one

i would talk to the other mum perhaps - in a nice way and say that they both need to work on sharing and maybe we should work on it together - kinda makes it non blaming if u get what i mean lol

a good game is like football and stuff wer they pass the ball to each other.....
games that require them both

good luck xxxx

Where's the other mama?

I think it's her job (or the dada) to remind her toddler to share and not swipe.

It's normal behavior, but mamas and dadas are supposed to gently stop it.

You can't really correct another person's child -- at least, many people consider that impolite -- so it's up the other parent to take care of it.

What I would normally do if they're not noticing or ignoring the behavior is turn to the mama and say, "Oh dear! Emma, remember to share!"-- while looking right at the mama instead of the toddler. That usually wakes them up.

I struggle to bite my lip as this upsets me too. H is a really good sharer, often offering whatever she has if the other child looks interested in whatever she's got, so when she does want something she's playing with I get upset when she does.

In the past I've put that toy away if the other parent won't deal with it, distract H and then get it out again a few mins later and make sure H gets it.

I had this experience and my DD1 kept telling the little girl, stop smacking me but she kept going. Her mom was right there just watching and laughing. I told my DD1, to come and sit beside me and when the little girl came over I said "no, we don't smack etc". TBH- I made the decision to terminate that friendship as our parenting styles are just so different and my DD1 is not a punching bag lol

I'm actually on the other side, my LO is the aggressor in her friendship. It is so difficult to continually reprimand her for taking things from her friend or distract her with someting else. I really appreciate that the friends Mum is really patient, she knows I try to keep on top of the behaviour but when I nip to the loo etc I always ask her to watch and if my LO is misbehaving tell her that I would like the Mum to tell her off. It is actually harder to see your child be the meany than have them picked on.

If you see them quite a lot then I'd just say 'we share our toys dont we?' and give it back to lincoln :shrug: She has to learn.

I'm actually on the other side, my LO is the aggressor in her friendship. It is so difficult to continually reprimand her for taking things from her friend or distract her with someting else. I really appreciate that the friends Mum is really patient, she knows I try to keep on top of the behaviour but when I nip to the loo etc I always ask her to watch and if my LO is misbehaving tell her that I would like the Mum to tell her off. It is actually harder to see your child be the meany than have them picked on.

I dunno if I agree with that, especially if its violent :( amelie got whacked a beauty at softplay on thurs and it about broke my heart. Her little face crumpled as she looked at me all confused as to why the other little girl would hurt her :(:(

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->