what would you do?

kosh

proud new mum!
Reaction score
i'm going on holiday next wednesday for over 2 weeks. AF is due half way through this and i should be back home on cd10 approx. i Ov around cd13-14.
so although it looks like i will no be Ov'ing while on holiday i thought it'd be nice to take the pressure off and forget about testing anyway. the problem is i'm using a CBFM, so if i do not start on cd5 then i cannot use it at all next cycle.
also, this (current) month was my first cycle using the monitor. if i don't use it for cycle 2, will still work ok in cycle 3?

what would you do?
will you take the CBFM on holiday?

i'm going on holiday next wednesday for over 2 weeks. AF is due half way through this and i should be back home on cd10 approx. i Ov around cd13-14.
so although it looks like i will no be Ov'ing while on holiday i thought it'd be nice to take the pressure off and forget about testing anyway. the problem is i'm using a CBFM, so if i do not start on cd5 then i cannot use it at all next cycle.
also, this (current) month was my first cycle using the monitor. if i don't use it for cycle 2, will still work ok in cycle 3?

what would you do?
will you take the CBFM on holiday?

Hmmm, that's a tricky one. On the one hand I would say leave it at home and just relax and enjoy your holiday and just use opk's when you get back to help pinpoint ov. Or you could take it with you so you're notmissing the benefit of having it?
I guess it depends on how much it may interfer with your hols?
Don't know what happens if you skip a month - sorry.
:hugs:

Hi Again!!

Nothing will happen if you skip a, month so don’t worry.

I had to skip a month TTC due to having a Lap & Dye (2nd month of using CBFM) and all i did was set the cycle day when AF showed that month, but just didn’t test. I then set it again when AF showed the following month (this cycle). The monitor just carries asking you to test from CD6 until you get your peak, so dont worry it will still work.

If it was me i would leave it at home and just enjoy your hols, after all how many times have you heard someone say “we went on holiday and got pregnant"
Have a fab time either way

I had to skip a month TTC due to having a Lap & Dye (2nd month of using CBFM) and all i did was set the cycle day when AF showed that month, but just didn’t test.

so you turned it on cd1 and then never turned it back on again?
so it doesn't mess the cbfm 'memory' if you do not test?

I then set it again when AF showed the following month (this cycle). The monitor just carries asking you to test from CD6 until you get your peak, so dont worry it will still work.

If it was me i would leave it at home and just enjoy your hols, after all how many times have you heard someone say “we went on holiday and got pregnant"
Have a fab time either way

many thanks!! i'm really looking forward to it!
:flower:

it won't really interfere, i could do it easily. but i think i will not take it anyway.
or, i'll take it just to set the monitor at cd1, like claire suggested and then forget about it!

thanks for replying!:hugs:

it won't really interfere, i could do it easily. but i think i will not take it anyway.
or, i'll take it just to set the monitor at cd1, like claire suggested and then forget about it!

thanks for replying!:hugs:

Have a great holiday and enjoy the time with your OH!

Hi i agree with nat,I didn't try for a month whilst I was on holiday and was able just to turn it back on,maybe without all the added stress u will get lucky.have a lovely time away.:) xxxx

thank you all :hugs:
you prob hear more from me before I go on holiday anyway! :winkwink:

As you have probably already guessed, I would leave it behind...

DEFINITELY leave it behind, and you might be so relaxed you get your BFP!

DEFINITELY leave it behind, and you might be so relaxed you get your BFP!

i'd be nice but i won't be Ov'ing while away...
plus, we're visiting my in-laws so it won't be that relaxing anyway!

argghhh I don't know what to do :dohh:

i was in a similar situation with AF due towards end of my holiday so I took the CBFM with me just in case I needed to set it when AF showed..other than that I didn't bother with it and it didn't interfere with my holiday. like Nat has said if you don't turn it on it will still count the CD days. for me the most important is to set it on CD1 so it has memory of how long the cycle has been.

enjoy and don't worry too much, whatever you decide i'm sure it'll be fine.

i was in a similar situation with AF due towards end of my holiday so I took the CBFM with me just in case I needed to set it when AF showed..other than that I didn't bother with it and it didn't interfere with my holiday. like Nat has said if you don't turn it on it will still count the CD days. for me the most important is to set it on CD1 so it has memory of how long the cycle has been.

yes, i think that's what i'll do. i'll take it just to set cd1, and then put it back in my suitcase!

thank you all! :hugs:

yes, i think that's what i'll do. i'll take it just to set cd1, and then put it back in my suitcase!

thank you all! :hugs:

That is what I would do too :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"