What's everyone eating?

juhnayrae

Reaction score
This past week nausea has really kicked in (I'll be 6 weeks on Friday) and I've completely lost my appetite :/ Nothing really sounds good anymore. What are ya'll eating? Lol, sounds silly, but I'm hoping something will sound good!

I'm going through this myself at the moment. Nausea just kicked in for me full force yesterday. I also have the metallic taste in my mouth and food tastes awful. Finding something to eat is a task in itself because most everything makes me want to gag! I had some Chinese food yesterday and plain cornflakes for breakfast because I couldn't stomach anything else. Hope you feel better soon!

Thank you and I hope you feel better soon too. I didn't get this appetite loss issue with my first, so it's definitely frustrating. I also try to eat really clean and I'm still nursing my 21 month-old, so I know I need those calories :wacko:

Hmm... let's see. I don't actually have nausea yet (only 5w1d). But I went food shopping yesterday to get myself some healthy snacks. So maybe I can just name some foods, and maybe something will sound good. :)

Here's what I got:

Bananas
Watermelon
Toast with nutella or peanut butter
Sourdough pretzels
cereal with almond milk
carrots
spinach with Caesar dressing
dark chocolate ice cream
green beans (I eat them as a snack, I'll saute a BUNCH with garlic, olive oil and a little lemon juice, salt and pepper, toss with a few almond silvers and put in the fridge. SUCH a yum snack when they're hot or chilled)

I hope that helps and that reading the food types didn't make you more nauseous!

My nausea comes and goes throughout the day, so I tend to try and eat when it tails off usually about midday and again at 6pm, I've been keeping it simple but its difficult when i have OH and DD to cook for too! I've skipped tea the last two nights because i didn't want what they wanted, its mostly just been pasta with a light sauce and toasties!

Smoothies from my nutribullet go down a treat when I'm feeling peckish bur cant decide. I just chuck some fruit and coconut water in and it lasts ages. :)

My go to for Nausea has been soda crackers and Granny Smith Apples.

I also crave chips & toast.

I was told my many that watermelon would help, unfortunately it didn't help me, on the weekend it induced my vomiting.

Chicken Noodle Soup also makes me feel great!

Thankfully my nausea hasn't really set in yet. I have just felt starved all day. I had chicken stir fry for lunch. It was yummy. :) Oh and a fig bar for a snack.

whatever I can keep down. Food in small portions. Fruit seems to be the main portion of my diet atm

Fruit sometimes stays down sometimes comes right out when im done eating.. The only thing that seems to stick in my stomach most of the time is plain bread and you can imagine the constipation that comes with that😭

I've completely lost my appetite except for chocolate milk. Hmmmmmmm.

Weirdly enough anything warm and sometimes high in fat content :-( like:

Chicken soup, toast with cheese essentially a grilled cheese sandwhich, broccoli soup, vegeterian pizza, cheeseburger with a lot of avocado, quesedilla with a lot,of cheese, well that is about what I can stomach since getting all day nausea. And I cannot eat at all times of the day either I get these moments and then I have to get food in me asap. And if I do not then I will get sicker.

Dryer more neutral food is not helping at all for nausea :-(.

I have to often lie on my side to help the nausea subside/not increase.

Ugh, I'm not eating nearly enough, I can tell you that!

I usually have a protein bar in the morning. I'll have cheese and crackers or some Greek yogurt for lunch, and then I blank when it comes to dinner. Usually another protein bar or some scrambled eggs.

For snacks, I'll have some cucumbers in hummus, grapes, jerky, popcorn, yogurt, cheese, or granola. I need more food ideas!

I'm poaching some chicken breasts to make some chicken salad because I've seriously been craving it!

I'm struggling to eat much!

I start the day off quite well with porridge and fruit, but then it goes downhill from there. Yesterday I managed chip shop chips and curry sauce for lunch, an ice lolly, half a cheese scone, ice cream for dinner! then nachos for supper.

I have been fancying a lot of fruit and smoothies, but not so much vegetables. I'm just trying to eat what I fancy when I fancy it, so at least then I'm getting something inside me. I was exactly like this in my first pregnancy.

I've been eating a whole lot of cereal... it's been the only thing I feel like I can stomach. Or lemon poppy seed muffins. I'm basically living off of breakfast foods most of the time. :wacko:
I was really enjoying peanut butter sandwiches for awhile too.
And craving fruits (mostly watermelon & grapes)

Things that currently taste good and don't make me sick:

Potatoes. Anything made with potatoes: potato skins, au gratin potatoes, baked potatoes, cheese fries, mashed potatoes, sautéed potatoes w/creme fraiche- you name something made of potatoes and I betcha $20 I've eaten it in the last month.

Cherry Slurpees: Normally, I wouldn't eat these since they're not at all healthy, but OMG YUM. No food aversion at all with these. But only cherry, nothing else. Especially around 4 in the morning. (Thanks DH!)

Pistachio FroYo. NOM.

Bagels with cream cheese. On a good day, bagels with cream cheese and lox.

On good days there are a couple sandwiches I'm able to eat. Always vegetarian. I can't get down meat right now. :(

My appetite isnt great. Ive completely gone off garlic or anything too flavoursome which is very new to me as I love spicy food. Ive been eating alot of bland stuff, cereal, toast. Mainly carbs to stem the nausea. Ive gone off fruit and just generally dont have the energy to either cook or eat a meal right now. 😟

I don't have bad nausea but the thoughts of most food makes me feel nauseous if that makes sense? I mainly eat plain food like crackers with butter but I still love all fruit, oranges especially went down a treat and I am dying to get some more..I had strawberries too but after a few they make me feel a bit sick because they were so sweet. I love potatoes, special k and toast too (just with butter). I also have a really bad taste in my mouth constantly so most food tastes horrible but these are the ones that aren't too bad

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sylvi.H.
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->