What's The Most Unusual Name You've Heard?

lellis--that reminds me, there's a woman who lives around here (a friend went to class with her) whose name is "L-A", she says is pronounced "la-dash-ah". :dohh:

omg some of these are awful! My youngest goes to school with a boy called tike (as in 'the little tike....' )

My oldest nephew is called Orindi Riven (Or-in-dee), but we call him Indi, and my other nephew is called Logan Terry Sabin (Say-bin)... Love them both :D

My cousin's son and daughter have unusual names: His son is Tanthalus (pronounced tanth-are-less) we call him Tanis for short, and his daughter is Laurana (pronounced Lor-ar-na) which I think is just beautiful.

I sound like I come from a really weird family now lol!!! I promise there are a whole load of boring names in here too hahaha ;)

Oh and my friend named her daughter Patience Ava-Blaise, but after reading some of these names its really not that bad lol!! It's dead funny though because baby Patience really doesn't have any patience at all!!!!!

Some spellings ruin a perfectly good name. I have seen the following

Typhanii
Phyonna
Aydyn
Trinnitee
Tailuh
Jaxson
Cydnee
Macques

I know a boy named Darling, and another one named Lucky.

My nephew is named Jaxson! Cute kid. Stupid name.

I'm a teacher and have come across some cracking ones:
Obi
Kiva
Kerrigan
Storm
Autumn
Shakur

But the one that will never be topped has to be Presley-Elvis (double barrelled first name!)

My name is Calandra.. in some countries i guess thats not so unusual but in England i reckon it is! I like having an unusual name though :)

My son's name is Jaxon. I didn't want the traditional way, as he's not a son of Jack. ;) Always thought it made sense as it's the same phonetically as Saxon.

i new a girl named Dorkus......it was a family of 15 children and every single one had a D came....I guess by kid 15 they ran out of ideas lol

i new a girl named Dorkus......it was a family of 15 children and every single one had a D came....I guess by kid 15 they ran out of ideas lol

That's the name of one of the girls on "Seven Brides for Seven Brothers" - always felt sorry for that one! ;) xx

That's the name of one of the girls on "Seven Brides for Seven Brothers" - always felt sorry for that one! ;) xx

I've never heard of that show, I don't think we get it in the states. It is a terrible name they call her dork for short....She's a tough chick though If anyone would make fun of her she would beat the crap out of them lol

It's not a show, it's an old American movie - I'm American, and watched it all the time growing up! xx

The name Dorcas is Biblical - although not a popular one these days! It's the Greek version of Tabitha.

There was a woman in the States that named her daughter Chlamydia because she thought it sounded pretty. She had NO idea it was an STD.

My son's name is Jaxon. I didn't want the traditional way, as he's not a son of Jack. ;) Always thought it made sense as it's the same phonetically as Saxon.

My son is also Jaxon. I wanted the name Jackson, but OH was against giving our son a last name as a first name, so I suggested the alternate spelling of Jaxon. In the area I live Jaxon is actually the common spelling.

I know a little boy named Cauldron... like a witches' cauldron! :dohh:

I like Jaxon! But when there's an x and an s is where it gets me! haha

I like Jaxon! But when there's an x and an s is where it gets me! haha

The X and S is kind of strange, as it is redundent. But some people want to be even more original. Honestly though I'd say spell it Jaxen thats better than Jaxson.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chocolate 4
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->