whats they earliest you gave your lo baby rice/rusks?

brightstar08

Mummy of 2
Reaction score
like title says? ive heard of people giving babys rice or rusks as early as 2 months?

I stated at 2 months (right around 9 wks), with baby rice. Started him on food a week later. He's a big boy though.
At 3 months he was eating half a jar (Stage 1) twice daily, and off a spoon. (I started him in a feeder bottle)
Now at 8.5 months he still eats a bottle every 3 hours (8oz), except at night (sleeps through) and has three Stage 2 jars (4oz/each). Although he acts like he wants more food (whines when I stop giving it to him), I usually dont give him more unless it's a bit of dessert after dinner.

I started giving my LO last week on a quarter of a rusk mixed with milk at teatime for about 3 days but have now put him on to Stage 1 jars, only about a third of a jar as he is still getting used to the different tastes, but he is a big boy nearly 18lb and I could tell that he was beginning to get ready for weaning through some of the signs he was showing, like staring intently at us when we eat and wining when he could smell food!!

Alexa was closer to six months when I gave her her first rusk. Oh, and she was five months for rice cereal.

rice cereal at 3.5 months. Now she eats rice cereal and oatmeal and loves it (especially the oatmeal). Gave her a jar of sweet potatoes a few days ago and she's not so fond of those :rofl:

thanks for your replys, just my mum was saying i should try it but i really wasnt sure. Ewan was weighed a couple of days ago and he was 14lbs and 63cm long (11 weeks old) he has been on the hungry baby food for about 7 weeks and still wants a bottle every 3 hours! i thought the hungery food would satisfy him longer. do you think its worth trying him on baby rice/rusk with milk?

With jake he was 6 wks as i just couldnt fill him he is now a strapping lad of 13 , with katie about 8wks bcos she wouldnt have milk and i needed to get it in her somehow shes 8 now , with ethan 15wks and then the hv said it was too early as they advise 6 months now.

My first daughter, I gave her baby rice at 3 months, my HV advised on Monday to give Daisy a rusk mixed with milk as she is so unsettled through the day, I'm going to wait a couple of weeks til the 3 month mark though.
My nephew was the same age as your LO when he started on rusks as he was a really hungry baby!

I am really confused about the whole weaning thing, especially as government guidelines change from year to year!
They say the main reason for starting weaning at 6 months now is because if done any earlier babies will be more likely to develop allergies..... which got me thinking, wouldn't more adults have allergies? Babies were fed much earlier when we were all babies and the majority of us are fine!!
I've been doing alot of online research on this and the is just my opinion, don't want to start an arguement with anyone about it!!:blush:

My LO has never had rusk but he had his first taste which was baby rice just before he turned 6months xx

My first daughter, I gave her baby rice at 3 months, my HV advised on Monday to give Daisy a rusk mixed with milk as she is so unsettled through the day, I'm going to wait a couple of weeks til the 3 month mark though.
My nephew was the same age as your LO when he started on rusks as he was a really hungry baby!

I am really confused about the whole weaning thing, especially as government guidelines change from year to year!
They say the main reason for starting weaning at 6 months now is because if done any earlier babies will be more likely to develop allergies..... which got me thinking, wouldn't more adults have allergies? Babies were fed much earlier when we were all babies and the majority of us are fine!!
I've been doing alot of online research on this and the is just my opinion, don't want to start an arguement with anyone about it!!:blush:

yeah i agree, my mum said she gave me rusk with my milk at around 7 weeks and its done me no harm i dont have any allergies (except to my hubby sometimes :rofl: )

i also find the government guidelines so confusing as they are always changing them :shrug:

ive gave it some thought and have decided that im just going to do what i think is best for my baby and stuff the guidelines! :ignore:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->