Whats worse starting cows milk early or having hardly any formula?

Scally

Reaction score
My LO was breastfed until 9 months- i gave up mainly because she wouldnt sit still long enough as i was worried she wasnt having enough, so started bottle feeding her, so she can have bits, go off and come back and have more.
She did ok to start, having a reasonable amount of milk. She then cut down to about 15oz a day- 4oz in the morning, 5oz at lunch and then a 6oz at night (these bottles all made with more in, and thats all she generally took) some days were worse. Now she is only taking 4oz in the morning, 3oz at the most for lunch, and maybe 3 at night! She also isnt eating a huge amount of solids t the moment- she has yet to pick up her appetite after being ill.
I was tempted to try cows milk to see if she'd prefer it, she is 11 months, is it awful to start it now? I was thinking maybe if she'd prefer the taste she'd up her milk consumption.
What do you think? x

Personally I'd give it a go. A month won't make that much of a difference at this stage. I'd also try to encourage more solids rather than worry too much about the formula. That's only my opinion though, I'm sure others would disagree.

I agree, one month isn't a huge deal. I'd also work more on trying to increase solids. How long ago was she sick? It does usually take a little while to get appetite back from that, so don't stress too much. Just keep offering things throughout the day until she starts to want more. When mine have been sick, I just offered snacks every few hours, offered different things until something appealed.

She was ill last week- started really improving about thurs/fri. She has eaten a little more solids today- actually ate cheese, some dinner, some sandwich- its much better than she has been doing!
Thank you for your advice, I'm going to start giving her a bit tomorrow x

You could also try goat's milk, coconut milk, or almond milk. Those are other alternative milks that are supposed to be easier to digest.

I'd just go for it to at that age scally. All babies are different.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AngelMom1012
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->