What's wrong with just good old fashioned sex?!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't really find timing sex, charting, OPK's, looking at cm ect, stressful. I'd find not knowing my cycle stressful and missing a chance stressful. Stressful would be OH deciding to cum in an alternative place cos we are just going-with-the-flow even though I know I'm ovulating cos its know my body. Stressful would be coming on a period not having done all I could.

I only use a fertility monitor to help me decide when we are going to have baby making versus "fun" time lol But yes, it helps me relax as it cuts down the time to get pregnant, I understand that feeling! I think for me personally temping would drive me a bit bonkers though, it seems like a lot of work to me :)

This is the first time I've tried temping, 4th time TTC. I'm a bit forgetful at it, and it can be a pain. I started charting on fertility friend after my miscarriage just to keep a track so it was kinda a natural progression to do my temp as well.

And I completely agree re baby making versus "fun". Our fun sex isn't always compatible with making babies!

Geez read the bleeping thread properly before ranting!!!! Was merely suggesting trying a month of fun! Rather than telling me to move out of TTC and into NTNP why don't you ignore this particular thread and move on if it isn't for you!
Clearly states its not directed at everyone!

I am so riled up now after reading some of your comments that I could rant right back at you but frankly won't lower myself!
One of you in particular is actually scared me with your rather strange stalker ish behaviour but I will put it down to an obsessive personality

Also, thanks to those that commented with understanding.

This is the second time on your posts I have to say this mantra, To Each Their Own.

It sounds like maybe you are trying to convince yourself that what you are doing is OK, and yes whatever you do to make a family is your decision and your right. I just say let others make their family they want to, whether they want to do OPKs, pee on a million sticks or whatever...

Second time, I'll help you out, if there's a 3rd time you feel the need to do it, don't bother.
I open lots of threads, don't like them or don't agree, I simply read on or offer my opinion, I do not target that poster as you continuously do in this thread.
Lets hope it's down to pregnancy hormones on your behalf :)

I guess that is true for many but personally I am one of those obsessive TTCers but as a pp said I actually enjoy doing all the charting and POAS! I find it exciting and I feel like I am in control as well as satisfiying the geek in me :haha:

Same here! I am excited abut the planning and charting. This is my first time doing this. My first two children were not planned so I was looking forward to ttc and the processes that go along with it. What can I say its the geek in me. :haha:

again I don't think anything was meant in a negative way here but everyone has there own way of thinking and mine is to not chart or use opks or any of that stuff but iam TTC doesnt mean because im not doing all that stuff im NTNP because trust me we WANT a baby!!! lol and this works for my husband and i.

again I don't think anything was meant in a negative way here but everyone has there own way of thinking and mine is to not chart or use opks or any of that stuff but iam TTC doesnt mean because im not doing all that stuff im NTNP because trust me we WANT a baby!!! lol and this works for my husband and i.

I thought it was TTC but perhaps I'm wrong judging by comments :(
Think I was naive to think that coming off of BC and having unprotected sex was trying for a baby

I thought it was TTC but perhaps I'm wrong judging by comments :(
Think I was naive to think that coming off of BC and having unprotected sex was trying for a baby

nope using no protection and having sex is definitely trying for a baby that's how I was concieved anyway :haha:

I wouldnt even rise to it littlemum, I felt like I was watching a child get wrong when she had to 'remind you for the second time each to their own', shame it wasnt followed through and left you to get on with doing what suits you isnt it x

This is the second time on your posts I have to say this mantra, To Each Their Own.

It sounds like maybe you are trying to convince yourself that what you are doing is OK, and yes whatever you do to make a family is your decision and your right. I just say let others make their family they want to, whether they want to do OPKs, pee on a million sticks or whatever...

Well said Castaway! Thank you! :hug: I'm sorry but I also have to say something b/c I also feel that this is the 2nd time it's been done just to stir things up on these blogs and that's not what they are here for.

I wont be made to feel that there is something wrong with me or feel bad for wanting to time BD around my O date, especially b/c I O a different day every month and am trying to figure it all out after stopping 12 years of bcp] and I will take advantage of every single tool at my disposal to do so. I also wont shame those who don't take advantage of these tools & want to just BD whenever - more power to you! The same goes for early testing...I don't know why someone would "scold" me for it...if you want to wait until your missed period, that's great - if you want to test from 1dpo, I hear you hun! :test::test::test::test::test::test:

There is NOTHING wrong with "old fashioned sex" and there is NOTHING wrong with bbt temping & using opks and cbfm's and anything else that gets you through the day while you wait for your :bfp:...

I've met some really lovely ppl on this blog that make these months easier & I sincerely wish some people would focus more on being supportive and less on tearing others down for the way they try to conceive their babies. :shrug:

:dust: to all, no matter how you go about getting your :bfp:

Well said Castaway! Thank you! :hug: I'm sorry but I also have to say something b/c I also feel that this is the 2nd time it's been done just to stir things up on these blogs and that's not what they are here for.

I wont be made to feel that there is something wrong with me or feel bad for wanting to time BD around my O date, especially b/c I O a different day every month and am trying to figure it all out after stopping 12 years of bcp] and I will take advantage of every single tool at my disposal to do so. I also wont shame those who don't take advantage of these tools & want to just BD whenever - more power to you! The same goes for early testing...I don't know why someone would "scold" me for it...if you want to wait until your missed period, that's great - if you want to test from 1dpo, I hear you hun! :test::test::test::test::test::test:

There is NOTHING wrong with "old fashioned sex" and there is NOTHING wrong with bbt temping & using opks and cbfm's and anything else that gets you through the day while you wait for your :bfp:...

I've met some really lovely ppl on this blog that make these months easier & I sincerely wish some people would focus more on being supportive and less on tearing others down for the way they try to conceive their babies. :shrug:

FOR THE RECORD this was not posted to stir things up!

I really have no idea why either of you feel the need to comment
I am also for the record not tearing anyone down.
It was merely a suggestion, a voicing of opinion, an idea. Believe it or not, we live in a world where freedom of speech is a right.
It is also a right for others to sometimes have views that are not the same as your own, if you don't like it, jog on! Do not direct your spew of hatred towards me.

Spew of hatred?

Bless your heart.

It was merely a suggestion, a voicing of opinion, an idea. Believe it or not, we live in a world where freedom of speech is a right.
It is also a right for others to sometimes have views that are not the same as your own, if you don't like it, jog on! Do not direct your spew of hatred towards me.

Please may I also state for the record that I do not recall ever saying that charting etc was wrong. I think you will find that all I was saying was perhaps try a new approach for 1 month. If this approach doesn't work for me who's to say that I won't switch to charting etc like you do. I believe it's called having an open mind?!

Spew of hatred?

Bless your heart.

It is also a human right to be sarcastic, condescending and rude so ill let you off on your last comment

Thread closed

Its one thing to state an opinion but another to be so rude when others don't agree. This is a support forum!

A reminder of the forum rules

Rudeness, flaming or trolling is not tolerated on, or about, BabyandBump or its members. Any member who is intentionally disruptive may have their account restricted or banned without warning.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back