What's wrong with me? 23 Weeks and tired all the time...

Momma2Violet

Reaction score
I thought that the energy level in the second trimester would last...well, until the third, but the last week or so, I've been just done over by the day at work, and the commute home, and then there's nothing left for the evening. Don't want to cook, certainly don't want to clean, and then gah...the nursery just sitting with boxes and boxes of storage. I feel really badly because there is so much to do and I can't seem to get the energy to do it.

Anyone else around this point and feeling rundown? :sleep:

Its a lie seriously...I think pregnancy books and doctors just tell you it gets better energy wise so you dont give up!

I am tired all the time!

I have to pack up our whole apartment and move to the new one we just bought..and I am dreading it! I can't imagine! The only thing I am sort of excited about? Decorating the nursery! But that might be because I dont have to paint it! hehe.

I think they also lie about the fact you dont have to pee as much...bull! I have to pee every ten minutes...If there is no bathroom some place someone wants me to go..Im not going!

You might be right--I feel like it's a conspiracy--the exhaustion, combined with the shorter days now that we are heading into Autumn and Winter. It's dark so early that I feel like crawling into bed at 7:00!!!

I hear ya about the bathroom--I noted that over the weekend!! It was so cold and I waited and waited until my back started to hurt to get out of bed and go to the bathroom--couldn't STAND the idea of my feet on the cold wood floor!!!

i have sleeps during day when kids do lol im sick of having no engery

Me too! I'm working full time, commuting an hour each way to work and trying to fit in an MSc in the evenings - luckily I want simple foods that don't need much preparation and whenever my husband isn't working evenings/nights, he makes me stuff but I hadn't banked on how exhausting pregnancy was! I have more energy than 1st trimester but still nothing like what I used to.

I've been craving salad/veg/fruit all day and the only thing I've had today that has not come out of the ground/off a tree has been 2 pancakes, and I feel much more energetic for it.

Can you cut down on food preparation by making double quantities? I've started going to bed really early - the night-time toilet trips interrupt sleep enough!

Im exhausted all the time! There was a brief period at about 15 weeks where I felt good but thats vanished. I just found out Im anaemic so Im blaming that, hopefully now Ive started taking iron tablets Ill feel better... maybe.

I am in bed at 7 almost every night,I can't stay up past it.
I am in bed now with my laptop and awake,which is very weird !

I have been tired from the beginning and to be honest i cannot get dressed half the time. Still in pjs now as i have been a wreak all day. I wonder when this energy boast kicks in??

I think it is a lie as well. I didn't feel like I had any energy till the 3rd trimester. Then towards the end the exhaustion returned.

Yup, I've been exhausted all the way through as well. I haven't had a full night's sleep since finding out I was expecting way back in June. I wouldn't change it for the world as I know Peanut is healthy and strong, but I find it VERY hard holding down a full-time job, commuting, putting in the extra hours work expects (although they're being very good about that and not really expecting much of me) and doing anything at home. I'm also lucky that hubby is doing everything at home, but I still wish I felt better!

Yup, it's definitely a conspiracy!

I had only a couple of weeks of energy then it went back to be knackered!!

Its a lie seriously...I think pregnancy books and doctors just tell you it gets better energy wise so you dont give up!

I am tired all the time!

I have to pack up our whole apartment and move to the new one we just bought..and I am dreading it! I can't imagine! The only thing I am sort of excited about? Decorating the nursery! But that might be because I dont have to paint it! hehe.

I think they also lie about the fact you dont have to pee as much...bull! I have to pee every ten minutes...If there is no bathroom some place someone wants me to go..Im not going!

Me too!!!!!! I am so exhausted. DH and I almost got in an argument this weekend. I am pretty much good in the morning and then about mid-afternoon I am exhausted. So, I have been getting up and trying to get things done first thing in the AM. He gets up early like I do, but he likes to kinda lay around a while before he gets moving and watches the news, etc. I have found it's so hard to be patient right now because I know I have a small window of time in which I can get things done and still have some energy left.

We are hoping to work on the nursery soon, but I gotta get hubby to move some of the heavy things out (it was our guest room)...:dohh:

And YES, they lied about peeing! I still wake up 1-2 times per night to go, and it's constant. I am also constantly thirsty. :p

Maybe you could be a bit anaemic?? I was so tired with my second baby, and when the doctors put me on iron tablets my energy levels soared. If your unsure maybe ask for a blood test to check? xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->