What's wrong with me, I feel guilty feeling like this.

EMYJC

Two boys and unexpected BFP!
Reaction score
I dont know what is wrong with me. I am 30 weeks pregnant and all weekend have been around babies and toddlers. Instead of it making me feel really excited and happy though, I am scared to death and wondering if I have done the right thing!! I dont want to feel like that at all, but at the moment I dont feel excited, I just feel scared to death of the life change and wonder whether I am cut out for it and if I am going to have regrets? I am shocked I feel like this as the baby was planned. I'm gutted.:nope:

dont be gutted it is so normal to feel a bit apprehensive when going into the unknown hun

i am on my third and still very nervous lol, in fact i was saying to the midwife this moring how i thought i would be a bit 'old hat' when it came to number three, but no chance i am just the same bag of worry i always was

Thanks hun. I feel really, really selfish at the moment, like I am going to miss my peace and quiet and quality time with OH. I know it's all due to the unknown but I feel really guilty for those feelings at the moment. x

Sometimes I panic when I'm around babies/toddlers and think I have no idea how I'm going to cope :hugs:

I feel like this and I only have 6 days til my due date! eeeek!
Most days I'm praying he wont come today, and wait at least another week or two!
as for other people's children - apparently it's completely normal for other people's kids to freak you out - I have read this everywhere. I hope you start to get excited again soon (and myself too!)
xxx

awww sweetie! i have felt the same way aswell and saked my firends and sisters if they felt that way and they all agreed! my youngest sister was so overwhelmed at first she cried to our mom saying she didnt like being a mother! now she is the most wonderful mother and her daughter is a fantastic baby! thats what gets me thru alot of things! i too feel scared and i know that i like my own me time and waking up and going to sleep when "i" like but looking at a lil baby that me and my husband made... feeding it and loving it all makes me think.. no i am hapy and i actually am way more excited then "worried"
i do relate to ya hun!
xoxo

Really glad I am not the only one. I feel gushy when I feel him move around in my belly etc but I dont feel overly excited like some people. Thank god other peoples children are meant to freak us out. I just see my friends with them too and think god I will never, ever be able to be that organised! Feel scared of how other people will think I am mangaing with my baby too, lots of fears and anxities coming out at the moment, must be something to do with reaching 30 weeks for me! x

I have days like that too - broke down trying to figure out what kind of diapers to get for our little guy, and realized that I know nothing about babies.. or start thinking about all the fun stuff that OH and I used to do (pick up and go away for a weekend) and that we won't be able to do that for a long long time.. completely normal!

My husband is so excited for him to show up and keeps saying "come out any time now!" and I keep saying "nope... you can wait 6 more weeks!" I want him out but it's terrifying...

Once we're holding our little ones all those thoughts of regret and apprehensions will go away :) at least.. that's what I'm counting on!

:hugs:

Thanks Sera, I feel like that one minute and then regretful the next, thinking, maybe I should have waited til next year, you know, like just one more couples holiday etc. There's never a right time though. Think it is also partly down to the fact the house is a mess as well, with an extension that should almost be done but instead wont be starting to the new year so the house is going to be a nightmare when he's born so that makes me feel uneasy too as I want everything to just be straight and organised.

i think there is always a totally different feeling towards other people babies/children than your own...dont worry hun, feeling scared is 100% normal!! When you're little bundle is in your arms it will feel so completely different to someone elses...:flower:

xx

Don't feel guilty! I think it's perfectly natural. Of course we are all very lucky to be pregnant and have the privilege of becoming parents but we're only human and there's a lot we have to give up too xx

I don't feel like that but then hubby and I have been together for 13 years and so have done all the couples stuff we want to - I do however agree with twiggy - lots of my friends have babies and although I can't wait to have mine I don't necessarily want to hold everyone else's baby or coo over them!!! Also one of my friends isn't very maternal and isn't particularly excited at the thought of being pregnant or having a baby even though she has 3 weeks to go but it doesn't mean she is not looking forward to it - everyone is different and I think we all find something to panic about during the third tri!

thank u for posting this, I've been too scared to do it! I feel the same and it's been worrying me. Glad to hear I'm not the only one x x

I kindof feel like that, infact other peoples kids completely scare the crap outa me! I really dont like them being all over me. Ive never been a '' ooo give me the baby for a cuddle type '' and I cant stand other kids snotty noses :p
Im so scared hun so youre not alone, I'm also scared about loosing special time with my OH. Im scared its going to change us or push us apart. But I think it's all completely natural, espec with ya first. Well I hope it is, that's what I keep telling myself!! hehee
*hugs*

Dani Tinks and Lil C so glad you are feeling the same way. I felt scared to post this but it has been niggling away at me for the past couple of weeks, I had to see if I was the only one. I am so scared of it pushing me and OH apart, but at the end of the day if our much wanted LO does then it wasnt meant to be and baby will always come first. I hope it just makes us stronger and bonds us x Like the name you have chosen for your son Dani x

That's the way I feel. Hubby and I have been together 13yrs since high school and we're so used to going to the pub or going on great holidays where there's no kids around! It's funny to think that a lickle baba can scare people so much! I'm even dreading how my cat will be able to cope with a baby crying! X

Ha ha me too! My cat runs a mile and hides when kids come in the house! I have only been with my OH 2 and a half years, maybe its something to do with that. I know deep down though it will turn out to be the best decision I ever made. x It'll just take some getting used to hey! :)

I have noticed that around my friend and her 16 month old I feel kind of weird and detached but around my other friend and her 4 month old I feel more excited. I think that maybe it is just because they belong to other people and we don't feel the same connection as we will with our own. Also, I still have this mental block that stops me from actually believing everything is going to be okay :nope:

haha sweetie! you just described my situation!!! our house is being renovated! my husband is doing it all by himself so is stressedd out! we have just put on a back room and are going to have to move out there till we get the floors sanded and polished so if i give birth in the next 3 weeks.. i wont even have a shower to shower in! :( all very stressfull!!
xoxo

Yep Sera tell me about it! We are having a garage, kitchen extension, utility, living room extension and new bedroom done so I am dreading all this work, especially the kitchen when that is broken into! Just so long as I have a microwave and kettle to hand for sterlising. Hardly ideal but I have to accept this is how its going to be. It'll all be worth it in the end hey! :) x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sylvi.H.
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->