Whats your beauty secret?

vaseline to get mascara off
a light dusting of hairspray/shine spray and a final going through with straigteners helps keep the style(it might sizzle but dont panic!)

I just thought of another random one, if you are going somewhere where you are going to have your photo taken, put twice as much makeup on, the camera "takes away" makeup, so always double up and slap it on, you might feel stupidly made up, but you'll look great in a photo

I sometimes spray hairspray on my face to keep makeup on, (shut your eyes though lol)

Also, me with my moisturising again, mositurise about 20 mins before you put your foundation on, it will sit better :)

Don't rub your wrists together after you put perfume on as it ruins the scent. Also, spray a bit in your hair as it holds the smell for longer.

Put loose powder all over your face including your eyes and then put mascara on. The powder makes the mascara stick and thus work better :) xx

I bath in a teeny bit of baby oil to keep my skin soft ;) I moisturise like mad aswell.
To stop your eyeliner smudging under your eyes put some powder on your finger and rub it as close as you can to your water line or eyeliner and it should stop it smudging so bad, works for me anyway ;)

I don't really have any tips...I moisturize often, never sleep with make-up on, etc.

baby oil to get mascara/eye make up off.
baby's washcloth used as a gentle exfoliant.

and this isn't really beauty but i swipe a washcloth soaked with rubbing alcohol on my underarms before i put on deodorant. seems to help prevent sweating.

If you look like me....wear a paper bag over your head :haha:

SPF in your foundation/Tinted moisturiser is a good one and when you spray perfume spritz a mist of it and walk into it rather than just dabbing it onto your wrists.

Also Vaseline is great for cracked heels as mine had been looking yeuck in my flip flops :thumbup:

Yeah, those stinking flip flops do that to mine too! Need to do some vaseline treatments too.

Put cream on your feet/hands and put them in a plastic bag then put socks/gloves on overnight and next day you have soft feet/hands! I make a mixture of moisturiser,nivea,baby oil,vaseline e.t.c

moisturising often helps beat wrinkles,stretch marks,dry skin so its good in the long run

if you mix sugar with oil and use it to wash your hands feet it helps exfoliate your skin. But not your face.

A good face mask is honey, you can also use honey to wax, just cut cloth up, put wax on legs, put strips on and then pull. I did this and it works.

Self tan! Evens skin tone, gives a healthy glow, helps disguisie blemishes/stretchmarks/scars, makes you look slimmer.... but buy a decent one and don't overdo it. Orange isn't such a good look :D

drink lots and lots of water, suck in your stomache on a regular basis- its like sit ups but even more affective.. buy an ab wheel, tones them abs up and makes you lose weight whilst watchin t.v... pull ur eye lid up and use mascara to achieve long lashes xxx

Just bumping this....
Anyone got anymore tips?
Dizzy - I read that you can use oil and sugar as a scrub on your face?

xxx

Warm eye lash curler with a hairdryer before use. Apply before and after mascara for a better effect.

After applying foundation/concealer - pat on the powder, rather than wipe, and use a big fluffy brush to brush away the excess.

To loosen up mascara left in the bottle, put the whole thing in a tub of boiling water - for nail varnish, add a tiny drop of nail varnish remover to losen up the left overs.

I don't like to fake things and rather go with my natural look. Having tried different looks I can say this is the most flattering thing to do.
For me that includes my natural hair color, natural light skin tone, little make up, natural long hair. Organic cosmetics have also been great to my skin and hair. :)
I focus more on actually having healthy even skin than trying to find a make up that covers flaws. And even with my somewhat problematic skin it is possible with good facials and the right products. So few products actually work.

I do call it my beauty secret because to outsiders it seems lke you are just pretty and don't need to do anything when actually it is just a different approach on beauty.

:thumbup:

Loves the natural look - i've never been one for wearing lots and lots of make up, I normally just put on light foundation and a little mascara.

I'm a natural blonde so my eyelashes look like their non existant, I like a little brown mascara just so it looks like I actually have some!

St.Mariz fake tan. I was recommended this and at £2.99 a bottle (TJ Hughes) I decided to give it a go. I absolutely love it! It doesn't smell at all, it's a moose so easy to apply and after 1 application I looked like I had been away for a few days. Really natural golden colour. I seriously couldn't recommend it more!

St.Mariz fake tan. I was recommended this and at £2.99 a bottle (TJ Hughes) I decided to give it a go. I absolutely love it! It doesn't smell at all, it's a moose so easy to apply and after 1 application I looked like I had been away for a few days. Really natural golden colour. I seriously couldn't recommend it more!

Do you mean St. Moriz? thats the one I use, I get it from Home Bargains and I think its brilliant! No streaks at all xx

I have lots of things that help me-

*Wash makeup brushes with shampoo and conditioner it gets them nice and clean and makes them soft.
*Ive recently been trained by Lancome as i started working there last year and ive learnt not to use wipes to take your makeup off they are very drying for your skin.
*Drink lots of water to keep your skin clear and hydrated.
*I could not live without my Urban Decay eye shadow primer, fantastic for keeping any eye shadow on and stops it from creasing!
*I now will be making sure i wear a high SPF in the summer time to keep wrinkles away, the sun is very damaging for your skin.
*Have a good skincare routine- Cleanse, Tone, Serum, eye cream, Moisturise and make sure they are for your skin type
* Use good quality makeup, it will be healthier for your skin, last longer and look better!
*Use different makeup brushes to create more of a makeup artist look! Blend colours on your eyes together.
* Use a white eyeliner in the rim of your eye it will widen your eyes.

Sorry to butt in girls but Marks and Spencer's Perfection primer is lush!! About £12 but love it, great pump packaging to - 1 pump does my whole face and you know you're getting all the product out :)

I use brown mascara for a softer look and a bit of rosy blush. I like to go out looking like I'm not even wearing make-up at all. Just defining my natural beauty :)

When I'm really tired, though, I line my bottom lashes with a highlighter (Wet N Wild has one in Pixie for $2. I love it!) It helps to keep me looking brighter, even when I feel like crap.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->