What's your bed time routine?

Lollipopbop

Reaction score
Just wanting to know everyone's bedtime routines? I've recently started a more structured routine with the twins and wanted to share and compare because it's been working well for them

Around 11:30ish we go upstairs and they have 3oz of milk then we give them a sponge bath in Johnsons night time wash and Moisturiser we turn off the lights and put on their night light and white noise teddy, put them in their pyjamas and swaddle pods, they drink another 2.5oz and we put them down in their cot and they sleep about 7 hours and drink a 5.5oz bottle at about 6.30/7am. It's been working really well and I know it's very lucky they're sleeping so long at their age. I'm just hoping to get them more settled in the day. My son was so placid and only cried to be fed or changed but the girls are much more demanding and are crying or wanting to be held 24/7 in the day. Any one have any suggestions?

Our bedtime routine is bath 5/530 ish. Book. Feeding at 6ish. PJs and bed. She usually goes to sleep sometime before 8pm (we put her in crib between 630-7 but sometimes it takes a while for her to get to sleep.

My daughter wanted to be held a lot until about 2 or 3 months. She's 3 months now and is usually ok to be set down unless sleepy or not feeling well.

He has a bath at around 5.30 - 6pm and then bedtime at 7. We bed share so I give him a feed lying down and he's usually quite hard work to get settled as he's a terrible sleeper but after a lot of wriggling he eventually falls asleep.

I change her nappy, tuck her into bed and say goodnight. She goes to sleep by herself, this is generally at 7pm. Sometimes she'll snack on a boob before sleeping. She usually sleeps through, I often wake her to feed at 5am when I wake up then she gets up at 7am.

We do bath and then bed at 6pm for baby he has a bottle and then goes down wakes once normally can be twice sleeps til 5/6am x

Bath between 5-530, story time, bottle and in bed asleep for 6pm. She wakes at 5am everyday, without fail.

My 7 month old has bath every other night from 5.45-6 ish then quiet play, pjs and feed then at 6.30 before I put her in her cot at 6.45 ish and she's often asleep by 7. She usually wakes once around 3/4 before sleeping until 6.30 unless her brother wakes her earlier

Following as I need to get something established!

We started a routine at 6 weeks and it hasn't changed much in the last year. Around 6:30 she gets a feed then bath, lotion/massage, pjs, a couple stories, noise machine on lights out and in the crib by 7. Starting around 8 months old she started to really like goofing around naked in the crib after her bath so if she is in the mood we let her do that for 5 min or so, we call it naked silly baby time. I think she is just getting the last bit of energy out before bed.

I never planned on a routine when he was very little. I had a relative time table for him to be in the crib by.

It's usually bottle 7:00pm-8:00pm. Then diaper change & pj's before going into the crib 8:00pm-9:00pm. I turn on his star/planet ceiling projector & I have a small teether silicone toy that I give him if he seems too awake. It usually pacifies him long enough until he falls asleep. He's usually good for 12 hours until 8:00am-9:00am.

I meant to add onto my post that Emma doesn't seem to be a baby who requires a firm routine. Which was not how my older two were! She just goes with the flow, tells me when she's tired etc. Sha has no nap schedule either.

We dont have a set routine, Eden goes to bed anywhere from 6 until 7 depending on when she gets tired, as soon as she rubs her eyes and looks tired i take her to bed, i put her in her sleeping bag and turn her ewan on and leave her she settles quickly, she wakes anywhere between 4 and half five and has a feed then goes back down.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->