what's your budget for your kids?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ive actually just upped their budgets because i found one more thing each that i think they'll love. We've budgeted £200 each now, including xmas eve bags & stockings.

Around £200-£250. I never normally spend that much but he wants a bike (in particular a Spider-Man bike so I can't get a cheapo one to minimise the budget :dohh::lol:)

I just ordered a 16inch spiderman bike from smyths, is 109.99 but can use voucher oct12off if that's any help

Eldest £100 plus £20ish stocking. No idea for the baby probably no more than £30.
X

Probably 200ish for dd1. Maybe 100ish for dd2, and not alot for dd3. Havent got her anything yet, maybe 30 or so :)

Was supposed to be £200 each but ended up about £250 each plus joint presents about £50.

Our budgets are around £250. Think il end up spending closer to £300 on DS1 and a wee bit below budget on DS2. This doesn't include new pjs for Xmas eve

I think around £250, I keep a note in my christmas file & add it up after christmas.
You never know how much the twitching can add on. x

About £300 but that's birthday and christmas combined I split between the both x

Each year I set a budget and try and stick to it. Last year the kids got £300 each but realised that if wasn't needed they hardly played with anything. This year I cut it to £150 but have gone over so it's going to be more like. £200 each. This is only because my dd looked like she didn't have very much. I'm almost done all of the shopping now just a few little presents to get

Probably 300 between her birthday (19/12) and xmas for dd1 and 50 for dd2.

We'll probably be about £250 between his Christmas and Birthday including his bike and a few Planes bits and Lego.
But I've also been eyeing up a wooden marble run that is about another £100 which will blow my budget completely I just can't decide if it's worth it or if I should buy a cheapish plastic one and see how he goes before buying a better one later.

I'm terrible, I spend about £300 each (less on the youngest this year but will increase as he gets older to meet the older ones budgets) but apart from a few bits on their birthdays its the only time they get new things unless they have saved up themselves with their pocket money from FIL

I'm terrible, I spend about £300 each (less on the youngest this year but will increase as he gets older to meet the older ones budgets) but apart from a few bits on their birthdays its the only time they get new things unless they have saved up themselves with their pocket money from FIL

Slightly off topic but how old are your kids when you start giving them pocket money and how much?
I'm thinking age 4 and £1 per week, Does that seem ok? At the moment DS seems to get new Cars £4 each just about every other week and I want to get away from that and make him realise that he has to budget for things.

well its my father in law that gives it to them, and he gives them £1 a week, I think ds1 was about 5 when he started. Before that he'd always have a little something he'd picked up when out and about for them. when ds4 was born he started giving us £1 for him as well so his got a years worth of pound coins in his money box lmao
I think maybe when they are older and going out and about with friends I might start giving them pocket money myself or they'll be asking for money every 5 minutes haha

I don't really set a budget,I just buy as and when. If I see something I think they'll like and it's a good price then I'll buy it. As of now DS1 has had around £200 spent on him and we've still got about £80's worth of stuff to get on his list. DD has had around £160 and still needs the Ikea kitchen. DS2 has had £90 spent on him and I'm going to buy him a few small toys as all of his current presents are big things.

I don't really set a budget, but what I see they will like and what we can afford. Started really early this year and have just totalled it up, spent way more than usual.
Ds 1 spent £ 332, ds2 spent 243. Total spent between them is £575 but it should have cost £900

I set a budget of £100 each. So far iv spent just over £80 on ds and only about £30 on dd. I found something i like that will suit both of them and have found a big gift for DD thats £70
Iv decided i have a budget of £250 between them which will no doubt get larger the older they get

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back