whats your ideal birth?

Eternal

Three boys!
Reaction score
Been thinking loads about this lately, what would be ideal this time and how much its changed from last time.

Anyway, whats your idea birth experince, if you realisitcally (so dont say no pain) plain your birthing experince, how would it be?

Last Time i wanted a natural water birth, I def stated no pethidine, no epidural, i was meant to deliver at the birth centre, i wanted natural stage 3 too.

but ended up in hospital, with an epidural (which didnt work completly) and very managed, had a episitomy and medically managed starge 3. it was a good experince and glad it ended up being that way as my son had a few problems, but all worked out well.

This time my ideal is vaginal birth, OH wanted me to have a planned section due to it being twins, and if it has to be then fine but ideally not, i want to be monitored, i want the drugs, and all the medical management i can have lol!

I'm hoping for a relaxed water birth with just gas & air, but who knows!

I always said that I wanted an epi with my son but unfortunatly the delivery suite was so busy I was stuck on the ward for hours with only a small shot of pethadine and two paracetamol for the pain when I did get into delivery the only enithsthitist (sp) had to go into surgary so still no epi. I did it on my own which I very proud of.

This time I hope its less busy and I feel a bit more wanted there, not sure if Im going to go for an epi but the choice would be good!! I just want a better experence I suppose!!

for me the epi really didnt do much, but i know for most it can be wonderful, i think as its twins i have to have one incase of needed an emegecy section for the second twin. but otherwise i would say unless you have a mega long labour then your better without it. but thats just my opinion, last time it was over 24 hours, and i could have really done with a break, but if it were like 10 hours then i would have rather just got it done, as with an epi they make you wait longer until you can push etc, which is very frsutrating when your hurting like hell and just want to get it over with lol!

My ideal scenario would be a water birth at home with gas and air, relaxing music, dim lights, my husband and a midwife in the background just keeping an eye out!

I've only ever seen a birth on one born every minute though so I expect i'm being a bit optimistic. I can dream...

I would love to have a good size baby not to tiny but not to BIG. Obviously vaginal, Id love it to be video taped "down there" so I can see my next one being born my sons birth was taped but not down there so i just see me pushing and him on my chest its adorable though. No drugs would be preferable because I had an epi and stadol with my son and the epi didn't work and I have complete back terror PP. I'd love to try the birthing tub. But other than that I cant say I didn't love my first experience having a child it was very calm. Painful but I'd like to say I handled the contractions very well even before I had an Epi...

the majority of women get the birth they want, it fairly close, with me i had myconium in my watres, i slow labour, my son had his arms up so was blocking his decent and he had delerations. but i think all those things effected the other, if that makes sense, and if my son hadnt get wriggling constantly (like he does now) then it would have been a perfectly normal labour.

Ideally for me I want to do it all natural. I will be giving birth at the hospital in a birthing center. I LOVE LOVE LOVE my hospital except for you just see what ever doctor is on call that day so that sorta bothers me but I'm sure at that point I will be happy to have anyone deliver my baby. I don't want an epi even though everyone I know says I'm crazy. I think I am good at handling pain and would like to see if I can do it. If nothing else...maybe some IV pain meds.

The idea of a water birth sounds amazing and relaxing but I don't believe my hospital offers it though....

my ideal birth would be to have my partner and mum there.....water birth i think but last time it all happened very fast so no time for that, of course i would love a quick birth like that again and wouldnt be bothered about the water birth....gas and air as pain relief and pethedine although i cant remember it doing a lot and everything just to go as smoothly and safely as possible. no stitches like last time would be nice too....so in all honesty i just want a birth exactly like my last lol....without the 2 week stay in hospital i had before hand for high blood pressure tho. =D

I think here its more common for people to have a natural birth and in the USA in tends to be more medically managed. At least it feels that way.

I am not sure if your hospital will allow but i know most birthing centres will allow you to bring your own pool along, which you can either hire or buy. that may be an option if your wanting a water birth :D

This time I'd like to give birth at the midwife-led birthing centre, rather than the hospital, and I'd like a water birth. This is what I wanted ideally for my first baby, but the birthing centre closed because of the snow, so I had to go to the hospital. My birth experience there was very good though, I just couldn't use the pool because someone was in it. Didn't have any drugs or intervention, but I tore badly, so actually I would have needed to go to hospital to be stitched up anyway! So this time I'd like to have the same experience of no drugs or intervention, but in water, in a midwife-led centre, with minimal tearing!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->