What's your waiting reason?

We're waiting until I've been in my job for a year and to squeeze in a couple more baby free holidays :)

I don't have a man to make a baby with! I'll be waiting till I find someone who wants to have a baby with me, and we get married. Hmm, I could be here awhile :haha:

Buying our own place.
Giving my sweet OH some time to get used to the idea of becoming a father.
Trying to aim for the right time to give birth as I only have 8 weeks maternity leave.

Only eight weeks? :shock: I think here in Canada couples get a year.Both parents can each take six months off.

We do get 52 weeks leave here in Canada. Either parent can take as much or little as they want of the parental leave portion.

I took about 50 weeks of maternity/parental leave, plus I was put off work at 6 month pregnant due to complications, and I was able to get about 13 weeks of leave from that too.

God bless our parental leave!

We were originally waiting so our son would be a bit older (closer to school age) before we had another one.
Then in May 2012 I got a year-long contract at work, with options to extend after the year. I wanted to be close to that year before getting pregnant so they wouldn't have any reason not to extend it. Now, due to financial circumstances in the company, the job no longer exists, and as of January I will be returning to my previous position.
Also, a few years ago I severely broke my leg, which resulted in emergency surgery. Now, almost 3 years later, I need to have surgery again to remove some of the hardware they put in my leg in order for it to heal. My surgery date is January 7, so that's the day we'll be TTCing, probably immediately following my release from the hospital! lol We've really wanted to TTC the last couple of months, but my leg hurts so much that I just can't put off the surgery for another 9 months to a year.

Oh my! What a difficult time! I hope your surgery goes well and you start to feel better (and get to TTC soon!)

I like this thread! :)

We are waiting until February 1st to start TTC because my LO was born on November 1st 2012 and I don't want to have two under two! We have always said we wanted kids 2-3 years apart so if we fell pregnant first cycle in Feb Isobel would be 2 years old ;)

Hi!

We are waiting until February or March 2014 because we have been living overseas (an island in south China) for the past couple of years and we will finally return to Canada in July. It's been hard to wait because I am 32, DH and I have been married for 2.5 years but together for almost 15, and I've been super broody for a looong time now! The healthcare on our island is a bit sketchy, so I don't feel comfortable giving birth here. And I really hope to have family and friends around during most or all of my pregnancy. Lol, however...when we leave China in July, we will also both be leaving our jobs here. It seems like there's never a "perfect" time to start TTC, but I'm excited anyway!!

Hi ladies,

My reason is very simple..... I was on the depo injection and was never told how long after I stopped using this it would take to get pregnant- it can take anything up to 2 years!!! As I need to wait for AF to come back :/ however instead of putting life on hold DH and I have booked a holiday for September 2014 and we have family members getting married in vegas in March 2015, however if we couldn't go due to a baby then we wouldn't be upset

xxx

My son is disabled so we are waiting until we find out the results from genetic tests and for him to be more settled and independent. I also had a very difficult pregnancy (PPROM at 14 weeks and Oligohydramnios) so I am worried about another pregnancy.

We are waiting until we are married. 4 months to go. There are two reasons for that. 1. we both feel that although we've lived together for years its the "right" way of doing it. and 2. If I even gain a pound my dress won't do up.
Everyone keeps saying to me oh you won't want to be sick and feel horrible on your wedding day. And i really don't want to risk my skin breaking out too.
Vain reasons but out reasons all the same :)

Only reason we're waiting is I'm trying to lose weight. Got 3 stone to go then we can start TTC. xx

We have 2 little girls, 3 years old & 10 months.
Both my husband & i thought our family was comlete with 2 children, but i cant stop thinking about trying for another baby. I have a few concerns though, which will delay TTC for quite a while. We finally saved enough to move to a 2 bed house, but i hate the thought of moving again to a 3 bed house, just as the girls have settled in at home & playgroup. I also worry about what my family will say. They are far from understanding & would somehow make me think having #3 is a foolish idea. The final reason is, id have to go through pre-pregnancy medication councilling, because i was diagnosed with epilepsy last year.
Xx

Having a VERY demanding toddler! She still breastfeeds and co sleeps plus she wakes up lots every night. And I want to lose weight first so that I don't get too big when I'm pregnant.

Sometimes I ask myself the same question.WHAT ARE WE WAITING FOR!!

We're waiting until we go on honeymoon in just over 6 months, which gives me a good chunk of time to lose weight :D Plus there's an excursion we want to do which would be a bit awkward if I was pregnant (quad bike safari) and I want to have a few drinks on the private boat trip that we've booked :happydance:

We have a house to build and to get married but more importantly I'm just waiting on bf to give me the go ahead :)

I have just finished uni and got a teaching job in my dream school, but only for an one year contract, so I need to wait and see what happens next year.
We are also saving up for a mortgage, which realistically we can only do once we pay off a few small debts - one of which will be done by next week, the rest hopefully gone by summer.
I would rather my boyfriend proposes first too, I want a short engagement and would love to be married before babies (as a teacher it is awkward to be on mat leave if you are a Miss still!)

To finish my degree and get my dream job <3
And then get a house together.
Haven't actually discussed it seriously with OH, but I know when I'm ready he'll be more than happy to. Up until that time, I can slowly but surely plant 'baby-seeds' in his head! :haha:

Hello, we are waiting because June 2013 we lost a baby at 23+3 weeks and were firstly advise by our high risk ob to wait 9 months before trying, and of course we have to heal from our grief of losing our beautiful daughter .. we have talked and want to try again summer/fall of 2014 as well.

Hi ladies, so I'm totally new to this forum thing but just wanted to come on and have a little look about- I didn't actually think that there was such a place!
We got married earlier this month and already I'm desperate to have a baby but life isn't ready yet- I'm hoping for a promotion in work in March and so I think would like to get that first as I don't want it to put them off promoting me! And also I'm conscious that we have just gotten married and so should maybe wait for a little while... But... :)

I am in the exact same boat! My husband and I got married in November as well, and like you I want a baby. He wants to wait because we are hoping he gets a new job at the beginning of the new year. Plus we don't have the room for a baby in our current tiny condo.
We got pregnant (weren't trying or preventing) last summer, but I miscarried. Part of me wonders if I want a baby so badly now because I still morn the loss of my first pregnancy. Sorry if I am going into too much detail, just nice to know there are others who I can relate to!:)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->