What's your waiting reason?

I'm waiting to find a man. :haha:

Besides that I'm hoping to lose a some weight (about 40-50 pounds) and I need to get my life more in order.

Btw, nice to see some other ladies who are single :flower:

Buying our own place.
Giving my sweet OH some time to get used to the idea of becoming a father.
Trying to aim for the right time to give birth as I only have 8 weeks maternity leave.

Only eight weeks? :shock: I think here in Canada couples get a year.Both parents can each take six months off.

Maternity leave in the US is 6 weeks *if* you have worked the past year at the company and/or a certain number of hours. Some companies are different, but that's what the standard maternity leave is.

Wtt finished breastfeeding our toddler 6 weeks ago.
Dr says see if af comes in another 6 weeks. Had trouble getting pregnant
both times & also two miscarriages.
If nothing happens on it's own in 6 months she might help with fertility meds.
going crazy...

We're WTT for a few reasons. 1/ So we can both get our bodies ready, Hubby needs to exercise and cut out coffee. I need to be taking my folic acid for a while and get my tummy muscles more toned. 2/ We want to get rid of our overdraft. We don't want to try for another baby with that hanging over us. 3/ Need to clear out the loft and sort storage.

Hi :) we are waiting for so many reasons which is sad because we were TTC not long ago but it all went backwards (moved back home to save for mortgage and left my permanent rubbish job for my dream job which is a risk because it is only a temp contract) so our reasons in order are:
1. saving for mortgage and our kick ass holiday to Florida
2. Me and OH get permanent full time contract for work (we both temp)
3. Get mortgage
4. Settle in house and jobs before trying.
5. Get married or at least elope before trying

Feels like it will take forever :( I'm sure we all feel that way though! We are saving saving saving just now so hopefully by the time we get permanent we will have house deposit and legal fees etc saved so we can look for house straight away :) Trying to be optimistic so we could be waiting 3-5 years, hope it goes quickly, the last 3 years have .. at the same time i don't want it to because time is precious ... oh my i will stop my mini life crisis right now! x

We're waiting for a few reasons...

1. I'm pretty content on having one child for now. If I didn't want to have a son, and I didn't LOVE being pregnant so much, we'd probably be 1 and done.

2. Can't afford 2 in daycare. DH needs to hopefully get a raise, and pay off his student loans.

3. I think I'd rather have a bigger age gap between the 2.

Waiting to try for soooo many reasons. :coffee:

1. OH has to get home from deployment in April. Hard to make babies from thousands of miles away :haha:
2. Big moves in 2014 & 2015.
3. OH's new job starts mid-2015.
4. Buying (& hopefully renovating) our first home! Mid-2015.
5. Wedding time in mid-to-late-2015.

Guess I better just get used to the waiting game. Althooooough, we are just charting when he gets home because we're perfectly happy having a baby before all of these things happen. So, I guess we'll just see :winkwink:

We have six or so weeks to wait now, I feel like I've been waiting forever as I would have had a baby ASAP after getting married what seems like eons ago now!
I want to get my teacher registration and TTC in Feb ensures a due date that works in with that! And I want to lose some more weight so I start as I mean to continue. I can't actually believe how close we are! Totally ready.

we are now waiting till dec 2015 strictly as I am aiming for a job in the NHS where I would get occupational maternity pay not just SMP as we cant live off that....

Waiting till August as just had a wild NICU ride with DD and I need to drop some weight and get my diabetes in check so hopefully I'll have a healthy 9 months

1. Waiting on hubby to come home from deployment again. He just got back 11 months ago and he's off again. lol
2. I'm not quite ready for number two just yet. I'd like to get in better shape, I've lost all the baby weight from DS and then some, but I want to get myself into a healthier routine so I'm motivated to excercise more during a new pregnancy.

That's about it. Not really sure when we're going to try for number two, but we'll see. :)

We moved not too long ago and I'm job hunting atm. Ideally I'd like to work for another year before becoming a SAHM for a few years. A year of my salary would do wonders against DH's student loan debt. So 2014 will definitely be our year, just not sure when!

Reasons for waiting are: to have my reversal operation (hopefully in august 2014), and to time it so that I will just finish my degree as baby is due (in an ideal world!), oh and would like to move house this year too :)

OH just started a new job about a month ago so we have to make sure it's permanent.
We live in a 1 bedroom apartment which isn't too bad as we Co sleep but we can hardly keep all of our sons clothes and toys in check as it is!
Our toddler has been especially wild lately... Not sure I could handle it while being pregnant lol.
And that's pretty much it :) in my opinion there will ALWAYSbe a reason to not try for a baby. So, that being said.. The moment we think "we could probably try for another one" I'm jumping on it (or him ;)) before we can make another excuse!

Reasons for waiting are: to have my reversal operation (hopefully in august 2014), and to time it so that I will just finish my degree as baby is due (in an ideal world!), oh and would like to move house this year too :)

Glad I'm not the only one who was thinking of timing baby's due date just as I finish my degree :rofl:

I don't quite feel ready for baby #2 yet!
Also I have a 19 month old son who is pretty demanding right now so the thought of having a newborn to attend to as well is pretty daunting! Though of course I know we'd manage, I just don't feel like I'm ready! Also worried I'll get bad again as I suffered anxiety attacks after my sons birth.

Hi everyone, I am new! Waiting until early 2015 because I am starting a new job in early fall...decided 6-7 months at new job would be a good TTC time even though it's hard to wait.

Joined this website to hopefully keep me sane for the next year. Nice to meet everyone :)

Hi All!

I'm a newbie here, so I am pretty interested in getting to know you all.

I am currently waiting to conceive my 2nd child. We have a 2 year old daughter.

We are waiting until around the summer/fall of 2014 before we start talking about TTC. Our reasons for waiting until then are:

• I'm currently pretty happy just having one child.
  • I'm having tattoo removal done (have been since Mar 2013) and cannot get pregnant until that is complete.
  • We'd like our daughter to be closer to school aged so we don't have 2 kids in daycare once I go back to work (I will have a year mat-leave).
  • I had a difficult pregnancy (hydronephrosis) and I am apprehensive to potentially go through the same complications again.

So, please share your waiting reasons!

I am waiting on dh to agree.

I had hydronephrosis too. The pain was indescribable. I feel for you!!!

A difficult pregnancy with my first meant I have only recently felt ready to go through it all again. Now we need a bigger house before we start TTC. We're looking to buy somewhere bigger this summer. But it will depend on how quickly this house sells.

New here, just jumping on the bandwagon :)
-Living in a one bedroom flat, with next to no space for another person even a little one!
-I'm unhappy in my current employment, paid minimum wage and looking for a more settled and well paid job
-Partner wants children "one day" but the concept still freaks him out, so I have to be broody and take my BC pill until he's ready

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->