What's your waiting reason?

Urchinia

Reaction score
Hi All!

I'm a newbie here, so I am pretty interested in getting to know you all.

I am currently waiting to conceive my 2nd child. We have a 2 year old daughter.

We are waiting until around the summer/fall of 2014 before we start talking about TTC. Our reasons for waiting until then are:

• I'm currently pretty happy just having one child.
  • I'm having tattoo removal done (have been since Mar 2013) and cannot get pregnant until that is complete.
  • We'd like our daughter to be closer to school aged so we don't have 2 kids in daycare once I go back to work (I will have a year mat-leave).
  • I had a difficult pregnancy (hydronephrosis) and I am apprehensive to potentially go through the same complications again.

So, please share your waiting reasons!

we are waiting to save a bit to cover mat leave and also to get some house improvements done. we are going to ttc autumn 2014 as well but will likely be more ntnp. did it take you long to conceive your first? I think I will be the same as you and leave a gap so one is in school first.

we are waiting to save a bit to cover mat leave and also to get some house improvements done. we are going to ttc autumn 2014 as well but will likely be more ntnp. did it take you long to conceive your first? I think I will be the same as you and leave a gap so one is in school first.

What kind of maternity leave do you get in Ireland? In Canada, we get a year off from work and are paid up to 55% of your regular wages.

When I had my first, we were NTNP. I was charting and we were trying to avoid pregnancy for a few more months, but after 1 mishap, 5 days before I ovulated, I got pregnant :) I am hoping it is that easy our next time around, but you never know!

Hi,
Like you have a 2 year old! Think I'd be mad to ttc whilst dealing with terrible twos!

Also, husband just moved jobs, so want things to be more settled when we do ttc.

I would like my next baby not to be a winter baby(have two winter babies) as it sucks having to wrap then up so much to go anywhere when they are tiny IMHO.

But the waiting is actually getting hard. Why is time going so slow?!

Hi ladies, so I'm totally new to this forum thing but just wanted to come on and have a little look about- I didn't actually think that there was such a place!
We got married earlier this month and already I'm desperate to have a baby but life isn't ready yet- I'm hoping for a promotion in work in March and so I think would like to get that first as I don't want it to put them off promoting me! And also I'm conscious that we have just gotten married and so should maybe wait for a little while... But... :)

Hi ladies, so I'm totally new to this forum thing but just wanted to come on and have a little look about- I didn't actually think that there was such a place!
We got married earlier this month and already I'm desperate to have a baby but life isn't ready yet- I'm hoping for a promotion in work in March and so I think would like to get that first as I don't want it to put them off promoting me! And also I'm conscious that we have just gotten married and so should maybe wait for a little while... But... :)

Welcome! I'm sure hanging out with us will help while you wait!

Putting TTC off until your promotion will probably be a good idea, for sure.

How long have you and your DH been together? Is he ready for a baby too?

I still live at home with my mom.

I plan on going back to school next September.

I don't have a job right now.

I know I'm not ready to have children yet.

Finances (new car, house paid off, savings)
Weight (lots to lose)
Career (tax accountant to corporate accoutant)

Hey Urchinia, I hope so :) It's an odd one as the minute you get married most people start saying the usual "it won't be long now..." but then if I do say hopefully, its like people are shocked that we want to try right away. So why ask?! Anyway, We have been together almost 5 years, I don't know what DH stands for but yes, he's wanted for some time now :-D I was the one holding us up as I wanted to be married and also I would be much more of a worrier and so would overthink things; he goes with the flow more and so wouldn't foresee anything being an issue like finances, work etc! I think your right having two close together but not so close they are both in daycare, good plan! Will two complete your family?

My reasons are:-

Find the right person.
Get my ablation surgery done.
Move house.

I'll be waiting a few years and quite happy to wait :)

Buying our own place.
Giving my sweet OH some time to get used to the idea of becoming a father.
Trying to aim for the right time to give birth as I only have 8 weeks maternity leave.

We're moving countries in 8 months.

I want to go on more baby free holidays.

I need to not be heavily pregnant while moving as I'll be taking the train with our cat which will take a few days (I refuse to put her in the cargo hold of a plane and the UK wont let you fly to them with animals in the passenger area), and need to be able to make the journey as comfortable for her without having to worry about myself.

:hi:

Reasons we are now waiting is so I can build more time up at work. We do not get paid maternity leave where I work, it just comes from the vacation time you earn every paycheck.

I also want to take of at least 20/25 more pounds. I have lost around 75/80 since DS was born 4 years ago, but I still want to be close to a healthy weight this time since I was obese with him. (Not getting any younger at 35!)

SO basically DH wants to start now and me being the responsable one (YUCK :growlmad: ) know with just four months and some change I will have more time of when the LO is born and more time left for appointments once I get back to work...

SIGH...took me a year to wait for him to say yes and if I thought he was going to I wouldn't have taken a vacation this year and would be able to go for it now! haha

Dee

Hey Urchinia, I hope so :) It's an odd one as the minute you get married most people start saying the usual "it won't be long now..." but then if I do say hopefully, its like people are shocked that we want to try right away. So why ask?! Anyway, We have been together almost 5 years, I don't know what DH stands for but yes, he's wanted for some time now :-D I was the one holding us up as I wanted to be married and also I would be much more of a worrier and so would overthink things; he goes with the flow more and so wouldn't foresee anything being an issue like finances, work etc! I think your right having two close together but not so close they are both in daycare, good plan! Will two complete your family?

People are so silly and nosey when it comes to having babies! lol

2 will definitely complete out family :)

Buying our own place.
Giving my sweet OH some time to get used to the idea of becoming a father.
Trying to aim for the right time to give birth as I only have 8 weeks maternity leave.

Only eight weeks? :shock: I think here in Canada couples get a year.Both parents can each take six months off.

I was waiting to get married - but now that we have finally set a date:) we will be trying a lot sooner than first thought :) there will never be a perfect time and I would like to have a at least one baby while I am under 30. 26 now

Hi there. My reason's for waiting are:

My boyfriend is not quite ready to have children yet.
mainly because my boyfriend has no money and has a lot of money worries on top of it.
We not yet have our own house, we are living with his mum and brother.
I have no money or no job right now, im trying to find training for a career.

We were originally waiting so our son would be a bit older (closer to school age) before we had another one.
Then in May 2012 I got a year-long contract at work, with options to extend after the year. I wanted to be close to that year before getting pregnant so they wouldn't have any reason not to extend it. Now, due to financial circumstances in the company, the job no longer exists, and as of January I will be returning to my previous position.
Also, a few years ago I severely broke my leg, which resulted in emergency surgery. Now, almost 3 years later, I need to have surgery again to remove some of the hardware they put in my leg in order for it to heal. My surgery date is January 7, so that's the day we'll be TTCing, probably immediately following my release from the hospital! lol We've really wanted to TTC the last couple of months, but my leg hurts so much that I just can't put off the surgery for another 9 months to a year.

-We have a holiday booked in Vegas for June so didn't wanna go pregnant and not be able to go partying (were going for a friends birthday) plus there is so much walking and jet lag, not sure I could handle it.

- I want to lose at least 2 stone, this should hopefully coincide with the holiday though so we should be starting to TTC in Vegas if things go to plan.

My Husband! lol

Our LO is little wild, and he is afraid if we have anymore they will be the same......well he can get over it...lol

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->