When are you going to gain weight?

vs011

Reaction score
Did your doc give any advice when you should start gaining weight? I started at a healthy BMI when I conceived, gained 3-4lbs so far which puts me overweight now, but I think some of it is water weight. I'll have a more serious conversation with my doc next time I see her, but what weight gain advice has your doc given you?

You shouldn't really start gaining a noticeable amount of weight until you're in your second trimester but everybody's body takes differently to pregnancy. I started off slightly underweight and only gained 14lbs from my pre-pregnancy weight to giving birth. I gave birth yesterday at 35+2 and my baby weighed 5lbs 8oz (he's a big boy!). I wouldn't worry about your weight gain so early on. X

I've gained a couple of lbs. it's going to happen & you can forget the bmi stuff until after your baby is born. Talk to your dr - but sounds perfectly normal to me :)

I normally do the same and gain a few lbs of bloat early on, which evens out later on. I gained 7kg altogether with both my boys and ended up slightly lighter after giving bith both times.

I am trying my best not to gain weight yet by only eating exactly what my body needs. It's hard as I'm craving lots of unhealthy things!

What I'm wondering about is whether or not if you are already chubby you still need to gain the 8lbs of fat that you're supposed to gain in pregnancy? I have at least 8lbs of fat I could lose so is it really necessary to gain the 8lbs more? Not counting the 18lbs or so of everything else of course.

With my first pregnancy I gained at least 10 lbs in first tri due to the fact that I was so incredibly nauseas all the time, and all I could do to make it through was to eat lots of carbs. In the end I ended up gaining 40 lbs, which is more than I would have liked to, but my body was just doing its thing. I was back to my pre pregnancy size within 6 weeks so this time around I'm not too focused on weight

With DS, I lost 20 lbs in the first trimester (went from 140 pound to 120 pound). I did not get back up to my prepregnancy weight and start gaining weight until week 18!

With this baby, I have started out at a lower weight than last baby (125 pound). I have not yet gained or lost anything.

I think that weight gain is very normal in the first trimester though, especially from all of the bloating etc. I would not worry, you are growing a wonderful life in there and it is to be expected! Every pregnancy is different and so is every woman and her body and we are all so beautiful at this wonderful time in life

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->