When are you gonna tell?

techheather

Reaction score
I'm wondering when others will tell who and when. I know it's a personal decision. I am debating a 6 w Christmas reveal to parents. Do people tell their parents right off , like when you find out. Or do
You wait until x weeks. I'm debating on it. I've talked to couple people at work. I work in radiology and have A newly prego girl who can help. Ha. And the other was at the dr office when I went for bw. . And husband has blabbed to coworkers. One With a wife and friend of mine. But he told a cousin too. I'm afraid it's too late to keep from parents.since hubby blabs to much. At 3 weeks. Seems so early.

I'm around 3 weeks too. I've told my mum and some very close friends. Going to tell my dad and husband's family next week. I figure if the worst happens I'd talk to these people about it anyway. Other than that trying to keep quiet until 12 weeks if I can. Last time I got too excited and blabbed to anyone that would listen. I also bumped into a friend in the pharmacy and I had a basket full of Pregnacare and Bio-Oil so it was pretty obvious! She's been sworn to secrecy but we have a lot of mutual friends so not holding out much hope that she'll keep quiet!

I'm holding out until 12 weeks , but with previous pregnancies I have told at 6 . It really is a personal preference :) good luck whatever you chose x

We're holding out until 9 weeks. We're going for a Christmas announcement!! With our first we couldn't keep quiet & blabbed at 5 weeks. It really is about whatever feels right for you. :flower:

We went ahead and told his immediate family (my parents are sadly both deceased). We decided to share because I wanted to be able to have someone to talk to about the pregnancy. His mother raised 4 children and his sister has a 3 year old.

Anyways, we're thinking about announcing publicly either on Christmas (8w) or New Years (9w). I'll still be a little early in the pregnancy, but with my career I won't be able to keep it a secret much longer.

Last time, we told our parents on Father's Day because it was cute even though I was only 5 or 6 weeks. Friends we saw on a daily basis, we told two weeks later after an ultrasound, partially because we'd planned to go out drinking to celebrate some stuff and I thought my one friend who was an EMT figured it out (nope!). I didn't end up officially announcing on facebook until I was almost due, though, so I had many friends who were unaware that I was pregnant until I was 7 months lol. I was uncomfortable telling them, because we hadn't planned on having a baby but stuff changed suddenly and we decided it would be a good move after all and then baby happened super fast after that.

This time, I've told no one and I'm 7 weeks. Well, my husband and son know but that's it. I'm waiting until the ultrasound which is just before Christmas. I'm just not feeling confident in this pregnancy so I'm waiting this time. I'm terrible at secrets though and I've made hints to two friends now lol.

I've already told my parents and my closest friends. Because those are the people who I'd want to support me should we suffer a miscarriage

My OH will tell his parents and family likely after a good scan where we have see a heartbeat which I am hoping will be around 7 weeks. We will then tell 'the Facebook world' after our 12/13 week scan

:flower:

I've told my mum so far and that's it. I will tell my best friend fairly soon I think. OH doesn't want to tell his parents til a bit later so maybe a Christmas reveal. I'd only be 7 weeks but it'll be obvious when I'm not drinking or eating soft cheese as i usually guzzle both! Everyone else not until after 12 weeks at least.

When I was first pregnant I told family straight away at 4/5 weeks I miscarried at 9/10.

Second time I told my parents after twelve week scan and everyone else when I was 17

This time I'm going to try and hide it until I'm 20 weeks! Personal choice and also it wasn't planned so think my family will be so shocked and maybe a little disappointed x

It's hard to decide. So bad. Husband said this am he wants to tell the world. He's excited. I am too. But cautious. I think I may try for Christmas. 6 weeks. Then friends. Unless his cat out of the bag move makes me move it up.

First pregnancy we told my parents fairly quick. Told everyone at 8 weeks at Christmas (2011) and two weeks later at 10 weeks we had to tell everyone we miscarried (BO and MMC)

Second Pregnancy we told my parents again right away (we are close to them) Told DH's parents at 9w 5d after our second scan. And then told everyone else at 10 weeks. Delivered a healthy baby girl.

Third Pregnancy told my parents again right away and a few close friends. Turned out to be a chemical at 4 1/2 weeks.

Fourth Pregnancy told only my parents right away turned out to be another chemical at 5 1/2 weeks.

Fifth Pregnancy (current) told my parents right away. Told nobody else until 11w 2d and that was our close group of friends (3 of them). Then told DH's parents at 11w 3d. Then told the world at 11w 6d the day before Thanksgiving.

we are waiting until Christmas to tell family, i'll be about 10 weeks, i'd prefer to wait uuntil after 12 week scan but i think it would be really special to announce christmas day. I've told a few close friends as well as 2 ladies at work since i was eating yet being sick - so they figured it out!

We are telling our families at Christmas, which should be 11-12 weeks. I have told my closest girlfriends. With my son we told them at 8 weeks. My son was unplanned, but they were excited :)

It's your decision really, and I completely understand your concerns. With this pregnancy I called my parents they day we found out. I didn't want it to be a shock to them if I ended up in the hospital needing surgery again. Everyone else we told at 7 weeks, well I should say dh told at 7 weeks. I really wanted to wait longer but like your dh couldn't keep his mouth shut. Men.

We don't tell people in RL until much later because I've had so many loses. I'm not sure when we will tell close family if we get that far maybe after my first growth scan at 16 weeks or maybe after 24 weeks.

Everyone else will if we get to bring it home.

Originally we decided to wait to 12 weeks to tell family and 20 weeks to tell friends but so long as my early scan goes well in a couple weeks then we may tell family at Christmas. I'll be roughly 8.5 weeks so we will see. Still need to convince dh on it lol

Accidentally told a girl at work today. She said "I don't know, I've just been super cranky." Without thinking I said "Ha, maybe you're pregnant too."

Only told my parents haven't told dh's parents.

Accidentally told a girl at work today. She said "I don't know, I've just been super cranky." Without thinking I said "Ha, maybe you're pregnant too."

Only told my parents haven't told dh's parents.

Haha! Oops! I keep nearly slipping up too!

Not much I could say after that, she hugged me and all I could think were, "She's squeezing my boobs." They hurt so bad.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AngelMom1012
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->