When baby drops...

Discussion in 'Pregnancy - Third Trimester' started by PrayerfulHope, Jan 25, 2011.

1. PrayerfulHope

PrayerfulHope Mom of 2

What does it feel like when baby drops?
    Thanks

2. Lilly12

Lilly12 Mommy & #2 on board

Been wondering this too.

Is the movement way down low when baby has dropped?

3. PrayerfulHope

PrayerfulHope Mom of 2

I don't think so, I always have movement way down low.
    I'm just wondering because hip pain and pressure is really intense today!

4. S_a_m_m_y

S_a_m_m_y It's a BOY!!

All I can say is this past week I have been getting sharp pains in/on my cervix with alot of pressure

5. S_a_m_m_y

S_a_m_m_y It's a BOY!!

I have also noticed his kicks are no longer in my ribs but more around bellybutton level

6. PrayerfulHope

PrayerfulHope Mom of 2

When baby's head turns down(from what I've read) you start to feel those sharp pains on your cervix. but it doesn't mean the baby has dropped.

I don't know! I can't figure it out, pregnancy is confusing.

7. tay

tay Well-Known Member

i think i dropped today. Bump much lower and quite alot of pressure down there, well heavier is prob a better word. Also feel like i can breath again, like my ribs are a bit less squashed. Would love to know if it sounds like i've dropped.

8. kiwimama

kiwimama Soon to be family of 4!

When you walk, it feels like babys head is between your knees! :lol:
    Seriously though, you'll probably feel lots more pressure down there and walking will be pretty uncomfortable (yes, it gets worse!). You may feel you are able to breathe more easily as there will more room for your lungs to expand now that baby won't be taking up so much room.

9. S_a_m_m_y

S_a_m_m_y It's a BOY!!

here is a pic of my bump at 25 weeks and here is todays 31 week bump shot

Attached Files:

10. johnoblueshoe

johnoblueshoe Expecting number 5

Well for me it felt like lots of sharp pains in/on my cervix the week it happened....with alot of pressure down there... i had a massive reliefe feeling and could finially breath allot better.... and since i felt it happen not once have i had Hart burn ...:)
    Then MW told me that following friday i was very low and 2/5 engaged.... and then yesterday i went for a brisk walk and i swear it went fully engaged cuz the painfull feeling was emence..( i just rang MW to see if this could have been why and she agreed) massive pressure i can now actuallly feel babies head right there between my pelvise ( like a football between my legs) and last night i had to sleep with a cushion between my knees cuz it hurt to close them lol

My bump also looks so low and belly button is now pointing down...

11. jollymum

jollymum Well-Known Member

Just wondering when this usually happens?

12. Foxy89

Foxy89 3rd Tri- EDD- 6/2/11

I think there is more space between my bump n boobs now- not major but there is a difference to me and I am feeling him bum or whatever it was before more near belly button than ribs so hoping it means he has engaged along with walk like a penguin lol

13. Tegans Mama

Tegans Mama home edding mum of 2

I felt like my LO would fall out of my arse if I opened my legs wide enough when she dropped. :rofl:

14. Alexp

Alexp Well-Known Member

I went to see midwife yesterday as pressure down below. My privates are actually balloning. Baby engaged- No Chance

He is floating free still but head down ( has been since 26 wk scan) I was gutted as was hoping he would be here soon. Midwife did say after first baby babies can engage in last two hours of pregnancy, the more pregnancies you have the less chance of engaging until last minute. Ligaments are looser so not as much support. In my case its a the Fibroid causing pressure(blasted thing)

:growlmad:

15. tokyo_c

tokyo_c Well-Known Member

I've been wondering this too, haven't noticed a massive difference in bump position or relief for my lungs but today for the first time I've been getting weird poking sensations on what I think must be my cervix. I'm sure it's just pressure but it feels like little fingers are being used to try and poke their way out of there! In my more insane moments I keep picturing a little fist popping out... :blush:

16. Divinebeauty

Divinebeauty Guest

I deffinitely think your baby has dropped , around 34 weeks is when I started feeling intense pressure and pain right as you describe in my hips down to my pelvic like baby is stretching my ligaments as FAR as they can go.

In my opinion if its baby thats dropped the pressure wont get any better, well at least mine deffinitely hasnt I cant even cross my legs anymore, and my feet have started to swell...

17. runnergrl

runnergrl Mom to 2 boys and 1 angel

Nessa, I think Brady is dropping too. i have had lots of pain in my pelvis and it hurts to cross my legs now too. i totally get the football between the legs feeling, but I dont think he is as low as he is going to get. But all the same,lower than he was say even a week ago.

18. mrs_park

mrs_park Mummy to THREE BOYS!

I felt pressure on my cervix and pelvis, my bump looked lower and I have had no more heartburn.

Some women also say they can breathe easier, I have never felt breathless so I didn't notice this change...

19. PrayerfulHope

PrayerfulHope Mom of 2

Well, it's like she backed up and flipped over again because she's once again in a different position. She just can't decide :dohh:
    Watch brady come before emma :grr: