when can I start trying after IDU removed

snazz

Reaction score
Hello,

I have a copper IUD, I'm planning on making an appointment to get it removed in the next couple of weeks - does anyone know how soon after I can start trying? I thought I could start right away but I read somewhere to wait a few cycles to let the lining of the uterus thicken???

I had one & was told i could start trying straight away there's so many contradicting opinions on it just like with any bc but i started trying straight away as that's what doc told me when removing it

Hey everyone, I'm new here, trying to get the lingo down so apologies in advance. I'm in a similar position to you snazz, I got my mirena coil out on Thursday and AF came yesterday, surprised it came back so quick. I got it out to get pregnant but should I prevent it for a while or not? Doctor told me also it was fine to start trying but I read about waiting a while for the lining to thicken. Anyone any advice? thanks

I had the mirena in and started trying straight away once the bleeding stopped.

Doctordeesmrs can I ask how long it took for your 'normal period' to re start and how long till you got pregnant after removal Hun?

I got my IUD (Mirena) out on Feb 10th. The doctor said I could start trying right away.

The following may be tim but here goes...

I got my first period on 02/12 lasted 6 days. Then 02/23 another 3 day period.
30 days later second (or third depending how you count it) period was on 03/28 lasted 5 days.
I started vitex on 04/08.
My current period started on 04/26... and it's still going strong.

Hopefully some of this might be helpful?

That is helpful to me thankyou Frostfire ☺️

I aim to please. For what it's worth my period is over. Four days with spotting the day before and today.

I plan on using OPKs starting on the 8th. I'm using the Ovia app on my phone to help track and predict. I tried Fertility Friend for the first few months but I find the temping and charting way stressful.

I'm thinking of starting a TTC Journal just to lay out how things have/are going.

Good luck with that frostfire

I might start a ttc journey to just to see from a mirena view how things go when your not necessarily trying but not preventing and see the different ways it goes or if there are similarities in the different women's storys x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->