When can I

A

AppleBlossom

start giving Grace finger foods like unsalted oven chips and pasta? I think she is a bit young now but I'm not sure when they can have things like that.

started at 7month giving Josh some spaghetti + toasts etc... He loves it!

I was talking about this with my health visitor yesterday and she said that as soon as they are 6 months they can have wheat, gluten products etc so she even suggested potato wedges with a bit of cheese, the crust of my sandwich or breadsticks. I was surprised it was so early but she was adament.

oo good thread, can't wait for all this! just got to get maddi better :dohh: x

I plan to start with finger food stuff like toast and homemade chips (we always make our own for some reason) at 6 months. Mostly because I know how eager Alasdair is to feed himself.

We started about 6-7 months on stuff like toast etc but gave Seth rusks as finger food before hand.

He absolutely loves anything on toast :) Think thats his fave :)

xxx

I'm still too scared after he choked on a piece of his teething biscuit. I know I should be starting, but just don't know what is the safest to start on without him choking.

7 months on finger foods , now ella loves to munch on anything and everything. Although havnt tried Chips , we also tend to make our own chips , i just didnt know if they were able to have them! But i guess ill give her a wedge to nibble on!

Also things like boiled carrots sticks , ( i cant give her Raw as there to hard and scared of chocking) we also give her pasta , though we blend it up a little!

I'd say around 7 mths too, Jack now has tried toast with a tiny bit of spread on, little cubes of cheese, spaghetti, has tried a chip or two, dominos pizza crust:blush:, organix carrot sticks & sweetcorn rings, & the occasional rusk. He does tend to squish things in his fist though, so can't give him cooked veg sticks or anything like that yet as he would just mush them up, he is going to be a little ruffian :dohh::rofl:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MrsA3000
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->