• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

When can you feel your uterus?

pickymicky

Reaction score
I heard it's sometime around 12 weeks. Is this true and is it obvious, like can you obviously notice and feel when it's above your pelvis?

To be honest I've never felt for mine in my 1st two pregnancies but this time I'm pretty sure I can feel it just now :)

I'm about 11 weeks and can feel it on a morning when I'm bursting for a wee. To me its obvious. Its like a hard round blob.

I felt it in the later stages of first tri. I agree, it's hard and rounded. I could feel it best when standing at that stage.

its going to depend how you are carrying, how baby is growing, and your body type.

I didn't feel mine until it had moved above the pelvic bone and under my belly button. So maybe 20ish weeks.

About 12 weeks. I find the best way to feel it to begin with is to have an orgasm. The orgasm makes the womb go hard so its a lot easier to feel.

Probably best to inform your partner what your doing or go solo, stopping to feel your tummy unexpectedly is probably a bit of a mood killer if he's still got to finish!

I'm 24 weeks and I honestly can't tell the difference between uterus and stomach muscle. But it's been visible when lying down. I think it started getting visible at about 18 weeks.

I literally just began to feel mine, and I'm still not sure which is stomach muscle and what is uterus.

I am a RARE exception - mine could be felt, confirmed even by my midwife, at 8 weeks. For a while she suspected twins because of it but I've had my scan a few days ago and I just have one little bub in there! I seriously think that the majority of women feel it between 12-14 women, and then there is a smaller percentage of women who feel it before then and a smaller percentage of women who never feel it. I've been told by so many people I'm crazy for thinking I felt it at 8 weeks but I don't know what to tell you, it was there lol. Popped up above the pubic bone by an inch or two back then. I haven't checked since then, probably should because I'm almost 13 weeks and I'm curious where it is now. But just remember, even though there ARE average times for things to happen in pregnancy, every single baby and every single mother develops differently. Even in the same woman one pregnancy can be different from the rest, so you're asking for the average time when women feel it.

When I felt mine, it was hard and rounded, like a disc that came up above the pubic bone.

Agreed with skywalker. I could feel mine at 10ish weeks, way down low by my pubic bone. It basically felt like a hard ridge amidst squish.

I can also -my mom showed me how (labor/delivery nurse).

With my first I could feel the ridge at the top around 16 weeks but dont go poking around too much to find it lol

Mine came above the pubic bone early. I thought I was just feeling stomach muscle around 8+4 b/c it seemed so early. Had a scan at 9+1 and my doc confirmed I am above the pubic bone.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kayzee94
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->