When can you find out the sex?

kimmy04

Reaction score
I'm my last pregnancy my ultrasound was at 17 weeks and I found out she was a girl. This time I went for my 16 week appointment thinking I would get my ultrasound appointment booked and get to find out the sex soon! My doctor said now they do it around 21-22 weeks and the ultrasound techs are no longer allowed to tell us the sex. They can put it in our file and we can find out from the doctor at the following appointment. Seems so far away! Everyone else always seems to know a lot sooner and I'm getting super impatient!

Im in UK, i had a private scan at 16 weeks and found out gender x

I'm in the US and it's normally at 20 weeks they'll tell you. I'm getting a private scan on Wednesday to find out and I'll be just over 15 weeks. I've hear people finding out as early as 14 weeks

We don't even have any private places that allow finding out the gender before 20 weeks!

I found out at 17 weeks at a private scan.

So I guess the norm is around 20 weeks then and most places have somewhere you can go for a private scan.. just not in my town or any others close to me! I guess the next few weeks will go quickly

Kimmy are you in the lower mainland? The rule here is 22 weeks I think? Maybe 21.

All of my family is in the lower mainland though and that's where I grew up!

I found out with this baby at 15 weeks and that was a private gender scan x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->