When did AF return after D&C?

Trying4first1

Mum to a miracle
Reaction score
Hi Ladies

For those of you who have also been unfortunate to have a D&C, how long did it take for AF to return after?
I'm guessing it depends on how many weeks gestation you were but I'm just curious as I am impatiently waiting for her to arrive :growlmad:

xx

I'm sorry you're going through this. I had mine exactly 4 weeks after. I was about 9 wks at the time of the d&c, but it stopped developing at 6 weeks-ish.

It's weird to look forward to the bfn and af for once, but I started doing better emotionally once my body started moving on. I hope it happens quickly for you xo

31 days for me after a D&C at 12 weeks , baby dies at 8 weeks. Had 1 AF and am now pregnant again x

Baby stopped growing at almost 10 weeks, had D&C at 13 weeks, it was on April 17th last year, and I had AF on May 13th

Sorry for your loss :hugs:

I had a d&c at 13 weeks, baby died at 8 weeks. AF arrived 6 weeks later, then the following AF was only a day or 2 longer than my usual cycle. Hope it happens quickly for you :hugs:

I'm sorry for your loss.

My baby died at 10 weeks and I had an erpc at 19 weeks. I didn't ovulate after but af showed after 32 days which is an average cycle length for me.

My next cycle I ovulated and was 29 days.

Current cycle - unsure if ovulation occured and currently on 36 days.

My cycles are not the same as they were before the erpc. Eg I get mid cycle spotting now.

Just got mine 5weeks after the procedure.ui usually have 28 day cycles.was awful being in limbo just glad it finally arrived. I had a MMC went for my 12 week scan and baby had died at 8+4 x

I don't believe that there is a direct correlation between cycle length and how far along you were (just as it's hard to tell when a woman will get her cycle back after delivering a baby, no matter how far along she is when she delivers). But the amount of hormones in your body does make a difference, which is what you might be getting at. Some women's bodies just clear out the hormones faster than others. It also depends on how much of the products of conception they're able to remove in the d&c (hopefully it is all of it!)

For me, I charted my cycle and counted my d&c day as cd1 and I got my period on cd32. I was 9wks along and the baby passed at 6wks.

I know I've shared this resource before, but it was really helpful to me when I was trying to figure out what to expect with my period post-d&c: https://www.pregnancyloss.info/waitingforaf.htm

Many thanks to you all for your replies. I am very sorry that you have also been through this awful time and I am so sorry for your losses.
I just wish AF would show up soon. I had the procedure 4 weeks ago tomorrow so will soon see I guess. I had some mild cramping on Wednesday and Yesterday, but nothing today, so no idea what is going on. But hopefully the cramping means that she is on her way :) xx

Trying4first1 I'm so sorry for your loss.

I had a mmc at ten weeks and D&C. My period came 7 weeks after the D&C date. I had cramps at around 4 weeks after the procedure- the normal time- but it didn't come for another 3 weeks. I ended up drinking raspberry red leaf tea after the D&C, it was recommended to me to get everything back into sync, didn't do anything sync wise for me but it did work very well for the ladies recommending it.

Thank you InTheVerse. I am also sorry for your loss and that you find yourself here.
Oh yes, I've heard about raspberry leaf tea helping some women.
Luckily my AF came yesterday afternoon. Only a day after she normally would. Never been so excited to get a period! :happydance: Definaltley different this time, heavier more cramps etc but nothing unmanageable.

Thank you InTheVerse. I am also sorry for your loss and that you find yourself here.
Oh yes, I've heard about raspberry leaf tea helping some women.
Luckily my AF came yesterday afternoon. Only a day after she normally would. Never been so excited to get a period! :happydance: Definaltley different this time, heavier more cramps etc but nothing unmanageable.

Thank you Trying4first1. Glad your period came and was okay.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
queenmom14
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->