When did u uk girls get your whooping cough inj?

karen1stbaby

Reaction score
Hi
I had my 28 week midwife appt on thurs and all was fine.
Spent a long time in there which was nice, but I forgot to ask about whooping cough. She never mentioned it either.
It was mentioned, leaflet given etc at my 16 week so I know it's something I need to have but don't know when.
Any ideas?? When did u guys have yours? Xx

I had mine at 28 weeks from my surgery nurse. Call your gp's office to make an appointment to get a jab with the nurse xx

I was booked in to have mine at 28 weeks but ended up being ill so I rebooked it for, I think, 32 weeks.

At 36 weeks, both me and the GP kept forgetting :wacko:

x

I had mine at 28 weeks from my surgery nurse. Call your gp's office to make an appointment to get a jab with the nurse xx

^^ just this!

I was 28+4. Made the apt with the nurse at the GP surgery after the advice from my MW at my 28wk apt.

I had a reminder letter from my docs, and was 31 weeks by the time got round to doing it lol x

Between 28&38 weeks is the time frame but earlier is better. Can I ask a question about this-the antibodies cross to the baby from the mum having the injection so do you know if this means they are not directly in contact with the ingredients from the injection? I have a personal issue with the wc vaccine and waiting to see gp about it next week as obv would rather have it than not for immunity reasons! X

Ahhh sounds like I need to make a phone call tomorrow then. Thanks girls xx

My midwife told me anytime between 28 weeks and 32 weeks so I went for halfway and booked mine for tomorrow - I'm 30 weeks. Hope I don't get a lot of soreness:nope:
x

U have just reminded me I need to get it lol I had my Anti-D jab at 28wks an I asked about it an she said I have it with the nurse at my local gp. She said to wait a few weeks as I was only just 28wks. Im only gonna be 7wks late lol

The advice I was given and have read is to have it between 28 weeks and 38 weeks with the 28-32 week period best. I'll be 32+5 when I get mine on Thursday :) x

Yet to be asked, I never have had one when I was preg or offered I think they may not offer them here. Maybe you have to ask. I have another app in 2 weeks will see then.

Yet to be asked, I never have had one when I was preg or offered I think they may not offer them here. Maybe you have to ask. I have another app in 2 weeks will see then.

I know it's a new thing as I have not had it in my last 2 pregs and one was last yr. it's a recent outbreak that's prompted it this yr I think. X

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->