• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

When did u wean?

lauren1991

Reaction score
My son is 10 weeks on Wednesday and so far he is on about 7-8oz of aptamil first milk.

He was 8lb 5oz when he was born and now he's 14lb 7oz so he's fair piling it on. My mum seems to think he's not going to be satisfied on just milk soon and thinks ill need to start giving him a spoonful of baby porridge before a bottle just to full him up a bit but she's saying I should be doing this at about 3-4 months.

Question is when did u start?

My OH's mum is a cow about anything my mum says and now me and my OH's mum are no longer talking so I can't ask her anything (long story) and if I started giving him a spoonful of baby porridge she would call me a bad mother and tell my son I'm "silly".

My lo is ff and we didn't start "solids" until 6 months as per recommendations I found she just wasn't ready any earlier in regards to understanding what to do, I'm not familiar with the type of formula that you are using but you can always up lo's milk intake if he seems hungry. Don't feel pressured into doing something you are not comfortable with or your baby is not ready for. If you are going to he earliest I would try is 4 months.

Don't start any solids, baby cereal included until after 17 weeks at the absolute earliest. Just give him more milk.

Your mom is going by the old school way of doing things, we know now that that's wrong.

My LO was a big baby (9lb 2oz when born) and she was just piling the weight on. At 13 weeks she stopped STTN and starting waking for bottles again, sometimes taking up to 10oz at a time! She also suffered from really bad GERD to the point where she no medicine was helping her. My GP recommended i start to wean her at 17 weeks (which is the earliest they say to start) but at 14 weeks i started giving her a tablespoon of baby porridge a day and the GERD really improved. She took to food really well and is now 5 months and is on 3 meals a day as well as having her normal bottles. I would say 10 weeks is probably a bit early, does he seem satisfied after a bottle? If he starts to seem hungry still you could maybe try him on hungry baby milk?

wow i think 10 weeks is a bit early for weaning! id wait until atleast 17 weeks which is the reccomended minimum. As his digestive system is still very immature. I waited until 17 weeks and weaned then because my lg has servere reflux x

I didn't say I was going to wean him at 10 weeks lol! That's far far far too early. My mum suggested once he hits about 3-3.5 months start to give him a teaspoon of baby porridge. Right now he's alright on the milk but I don't think it will last too long tbh. I'm going to hold off for as long as I possibly can and just use milk still. He seems to like first milk so I don't want to interrupt his diet quite yet x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
irenetta
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->