When did you/are you packing hospital bag?

kariss

Reaction score
As the title says when did you pack your hospital bag? I like to be prepared and although I have everything id need for baby, there's still bits for my myself I'm yet to buy.

Also I don't want to pack it to early..as I want to wash all babies stuff and don't like the idea of it sitting in a bag for so long? But then I do have a 'feeling' he may be slightly early.

I'm 37 weeks and only just packed mine! Should've been done ages ago but never got round to it, baby's bag on the other hand I packed at about 31 weeks I think! Always best to be prepared.

First time pregnant i packed all bags by 35 weeks (just added snacks and notes last min)
This time...on my due date, yesterday haha :)
But i got all stuff sitting in my drawer from about 37-38 weeks, just needed to put it in the bag.
I've also prepared some extra stuff (like baby grows in bigger sizes, snow suit, my going home clothes and some spare clothes) that i leave at home, but my OH will know where they are and bring them later on if needed

Also, when i washed and ironed baby clothes for hospital bag, i put them in small clear
Plastic bags (you know the ones you have for food) and then inside the bag,
So hopefully it will keep dust away..

I've washed and packed baby's stuff, just need to do my half now! I thought it's better to be prepared, than leave it until the last minute. :) didn't take me long at all. The bag is staying shut to prevent dust etc. X

I'll be 28 weeks Wednesday and I've started to pack already, but I am the pack/unpack type of person, for weeks!

Will be starting next week at 30 weeks :) sounds so strange lol!

Im going to be 35 weeks the day after Christmas so I want to be mostly packed by then. Just so I don't have to deal with that and packing up Christmas stuff. Last time I was mostly packed by 37 weeks but I use some stuff like makeup, brush, toothbrush, lap top everyday so I made a list of stuff that needed to be packed up before we left. Put the list on the fridge and went through it all with my hubby so he knew where everything was and what needed to be done before we left. Just in case I wasn't home or I couldn't help. I'm going to do the same this time.

I finished mine about 35 weeks, and packed the diaper bag this week. Though I have to change her coming home outfit.

I did mine at 37 weeks, I just like having it ready

I've been getting bits ready for a few weeks but I'm 34 weeks and still don't have everything I need and nothing is in the bag. I feel in limbo because the baby might be early but I don't want to be prepared too early because those last few weeks will drag if he's not early.

I had bags packed at about 35 weeks, but we are still adding the occasional item to the bag. Do you guys take your bags around with you when you go places? We live in the country, my hubby is at work today and I am going to the city to do errands, should I be taking bags with me in case I go into labour while I'm not at home??

I had bags packed at about 35 weeks, but we are still adding the occasional item to the bag. Do you guys take your bags around with you when you go places? We live in the country, my hubby is at work today and I am going to the city to do errands, should I be taking bags with me in case I go into labour while I'm not at home??
I have mine in the trunk of my car. We have two vehicles, but whether we leave from the house or meet at the hospital, that car is going, so it made it more organized for us just to have it in there.

I didn't pack yet!! everyday I think to myself I need to pack today then I get busy and don't but I am sure I will be adding stuff to it till the last minute.

I still haven't packed mine yet, I really need to get a move on!

I have washed everything & bought all my bits for my bag. I'm buying my stay over bag tomorrow so it will be packed same day. I'll be 35weeks tomorrow 😱x

34 weeks - began packing. I made a list of things to pack and washed baby stuff weeks ago. I like being ready...Not to mention people close to me do not think I will make it to 36-37weeks.

I started packing it around 34 weeks, I still haven't finished it, I told myself I wanted it finished by 37 weeks but I don't think that's going to happen lol

I did mine at 36 weeks last time I think, will probably go the same this time. My girls were 12 and 14 days late though so I'm not exactly feeling any pressure to get it done early!

I'm 36 weeks on Friday and haven't packed mine yet, I'll probs do it at the weekend (when i'll be 36+) it's 3 weeks until my section.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Peanut2024
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->