When did YOU first notice a bump?

Discussion in 'Pregnancy - First Trimester' started by Steph32, Nov 15, 2011.

1. Steph32

Steph32 Well-Known Member

Just curious when you all first noticed that you had even a little bump (you, not to other people)... I don't remember when I first got the bump when pregnant with DS, and I can't find any early pics either! I don't think I started taking belly pics until much later. Anyway I am 9 weeks today, and I know it's probably too early, but I don't even have a hint of a bump. I just get paranoid because one of the reasons how I knew I had a missed m/c last time is that I was supposed to be 11-12 weeks and still hadn't had any bump. So, needless to say, I'm on complete belly watch... :haha:

2. EMC0528

EMC0528 Expecting #2 in June

I had a bump by 10 weeks. I'm still 3lbs lighter than when I found out I was expecting, but my pants are still too tight to wear. It's a big pooch right above the pubic bone.

3. Steph32

I forgot to say I am also quite thin and a bit underweight (losing even more this first tri) so wouldn't I show sooner??

4. jenmcn1

jenmcn1 Expecting baby #4:)

This is my 2nd baby, I'm 8 weeks, and the last couple days I've been noticing the tiniest bump above the pubic bone. It's not very big, but I can definatly notice it, as well as my husband. It's still early but its there, and this definatly is no bloat!

5. xAmiixLouisex

xAmiixLouisex Mommy! <3

I noticed at 13 weeks :) Probably before then but bloat was so up and down. Once I hit 13 weeks I felt there was a deffo a bump. Even if to everyone else it just looked like too many pies. :dohh:

6. ArmyWife1984

ArmyWife1984 Mommy to 2 boys :)

This is my first and I really didn't notice anything til maybe about 20wks.
    But I am taller so I figure thats probably why.

7. socitycourty

socitycourty Guest

My pants are starting to get tight and I'm 9.5 weeks. I think I notice a slight bump above the pubic bone, but IDK!

8. babynewbie

babynewbie Well-Known Member

With my first pregnancy i started getting a bump at about 12 weeks, this time around i look like i have a bump already but its just the baby blub i never lost the first time round :lol:

9. hopeforamirac

hopeforamirac Well-Known Member

im tall and slim and noticed a bump at 15/16 weeks with my last succesfull pregnancy. but it was def noticeable so would have prob noticed earlier if i would have looked more closely :)

10. sweetpeaxo

sweetpeaxo Well-Known Member

I started noticing a bump around 10.5/11 weeks. I'll be 13 weeks on Thursday and it's more noticeable. People that know I am pregnant notice that I'm starting to show, but a complete stranger off the street would never be able to tell.

11. kuriazuri

kuriazuri Well-Known Member

Today I got dressed, and there was no hiding it lol. First time.

12. Hieveryone

Hieveryone Well-Known Member

i'm 13 weeks. I'd say i'm just over medium height and have a slim waist but i'm not petite in terms of bone structure or hips! I've not got a bump yet and have measured my waist and its not got bigger. I have had a bump when constipated but thats it. I had a scan yesterday and all is fine so I wouldn't worry.

13. tmr1234

tmr1234 Guest

With my 1st i was 20+ weeks with my 2nd i was 10 weeks when i had to go it to mat pants and ever one could tell i was preg but i ended up smaller than with my 1st.

14. Maviyildiz

Maviyildiz Well-Known Member

I am average height and average to slim weight, and just about 12 weeks. No bump yet, even when I feel around my abdomen with my hands. I am just about 2 pounds heavier than before so my jeans do feel a little tighter though.
    My DH thinks I have a bump but I don't. My lower abdomen has ALWAYS pouched out. (I even measured it-no change!) Needless to say I am pretty annoyed that he seems to think I am bigger :)

15. annagrace

annagrace Well-Known Member

7.5 weeks and i'm becoming aware that bean might be showing in the next couple of weeks, so i'm on belly watch, too. Exciting! However my fella is convinced i already am. He doesn't get the bloat thing. 'You ARE looking a little tubbier' he said the other night. I try not to take it personally. Haha!

16. jenniferttc1

jenniferttc1 mommy of 1 baking #2

This is my first and didn't notice a bump till 21-22 weeks.
    Its still pretty small at 27+2

17. Aphrodite

Aphrodite Well-Known Member

With my forst 20 wks I started showing properly. Im only 8 weeks and already have a bit of one :s not looking forward to being massive sooner....

18. Steph32

Ok thanks ladies... I have a "bump" that comes and goes so I know it's just bloat :p