When did you get a hpt where the test line was stronger than the control?

rosegarden620

Reaction score
I posted this to the hpt forum! Sorry if you're double reading this.

Do you think they correlate with how far along you might be?? Have you had one this dark and been less than 6 weeks?

Just curious, trying to date how far I might be. Last period came two weeks early and it lasted 3 instead of 6-7 days. Light flow day 1, medium flow day 2, light flow day 3 and I had some small spotting on day 4.

Normal cycles are 32-34 days

Spotted on this last cycle (assuming my last period was actually a period) cd 28 and cd 31

Unexpected, instant BFP (pic) cd32

Just wondering is all ☺️ When did you get a hpt where the test line was stronger than the control

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    11.9 KB · Views: 22
I think it's going to depend on the test. I worried about this a lot in the beginning. I was trying to determine progression on Walmart First Signal tests, and the line just wouldn't go darker. I think I was around 5w6d with an hcg of 7600+ and the test line STILL wasn't darker. I took another a week after that and it was the same. The line came up really fast and was very dark, but it never pulled the color out of the control. That was the First Signal test though... I tried the same with the Dollar Tree "New Choice" and the line did eventually get slightly darker than the control... when I was past 5-6 weeks or so.

I had one darker than the control on a frer at about 4w4d i believe. I do think it all depends on too many variables to consider it a true measurement of how far along you are.

Mine was darker than the control at 4 weeks. I had my blood levels taken 2 days later and my hcg was already over 18,000. So no, the darkness of the test (and hcg levels) do not necessarily correlate with how far along you are.

Your bleeding though could either have been a wonky cycle or the baby digging in further or something like that. I bled end of week 6, beginning of week 7 with daughter. It was enough to fill a pad a few times. So much bleeding I thought I was miscarrying. Baby was fine though. I don't think you'll really know how far along you are until you have a scan. Congratulations!

I didn't, I took a few tests across several days and although they weren't faint they were not as bold as the control line. I was 4 weeks + 1 day when I first tested and got a bfp.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lynnedm78
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->