• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

When did you get our periods back?

Elisheva009

Reaction score
I'm sure this differs for everyone but I was wondering when people usually get their periods back when exclusively formula feeding.

Can it be delayed for along time like with breastfeeding?

I just logged on to ask the EXACT same question! I just had my second baby so I can answer you regarding my first.... Even with having FF from day one, I didn't get my period back until 4 months pp! I was very anxious and had PPD though, so maybe that had something to do with it. Every nurse and dr. I encountered said it would return around 4-6 weeks after birth so when it didn't I was pretty surprised. However, like most things in pregnancy/birth/postpartum recovery, "normal" varies widely. But I am very curious to know when other formula feeders had their cycles return... Oh, and as for this time, I'm 7.5 weeks pp and nothing yet. Lochia dried up around 5 weeks, returned very lightly for about 24 hours last week and nothing since. Not that I'm eagerly anticipating it...

I was never that lucky, i started my period two weeks after my post birth bleed stopped regardless of how i fed.

With My first bled for 6 weeks, period started at 8 weeks. formula fed.
With my second bled for 3 weeks, period started at 5weeks. ex breastfed.
With my third bled for 10 weeks, period started at 12weeks. formula fed.

I had mine back around 7-8 weeks postpartum, only formula fed. :flower:

I know when I made the switch from breastfeeding to exclusively formula it took about 8 weeks for me two have a normal period, I did have some light spotting on and off in the weeks before my period though.

I got my period back at 5 months with my first. She was exclusively breastfed at the time. No formula, no water, no solids, no pacifier and was waking every 2 hours at night.

I think I'm going to formula feed the baby I'm expecting now and am wondering what to expect with periods. I actually want it to start quickly because I want to do another cycle of fertility treatment!

I bled for about 8 days after delivery then my period returned about 4 weeks after, I breastfed until 13 weeks, I was gutted as everyone around me was telling me I would not get a period for ages :p

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cnewt116
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->