When did you give you LO a trainer cup?

LaDY

Mummy Of Two xx
Reaction score
Just wondering at what age did you all give your bubs a trainer cup and when could they hold it themselves? x

my health visitor came to see me about 3 weeks ago and my son just turned 1 she said i got to give him 1 now i am trying but he really dont like it

I have to give mine one with a soft teat, she refuses the ones with the hard teat and can unscrew the Tommee Tippee one she has - poured it all over the living room floor. lol. lucky we have laminate. :) She started to hold her bottle at about 5 and 1/2 months but only learnt to tilt it when she was about 7 months. Bless. :)

You have plenty of time yet, don't worry about it. :)

I have just givern Jack one but he doesnt really know how to use it to get the juice out so it's just to get him used to something other than a bottle :)

Dec first got his at 4 months and started to use it straight away, he loved it from the beginning. He has never had anything but milk from his bottle everything else has come from he beaker since 4 months. He can now almost drink from an open top cup.

last week. He thinks it is fab to chew on, with a bonus trickle of juice every now and then. He hasnt got the hang of it to say the least!

Tried a Tommee Tippee one,(https://www.tommeetippee.co.uk/product/first_cup_4_months_pack_of_4/) but Jack didn't like it, so tried a Dr Browns one & he has managed to drink out of it by himself a few times now. It isn't the nicest looking cup around, but the liquid comes out really easily if you suck (I tried :blush:) & it is is non leak - even if you shake it only a drip will come out.
https://www.breastpumps.co.uk/acatalog/Dr_Brown_s_Trainer_Cups.html

I started max on the nuby sippy cup with easy grip , about 2 weeks ago hes great with it now

ffion has a tommee tippee 1st cup which we put water in

I gave Bella one about 2 weeks ago with water in it. She loves it. She's not great and tipping it up, but she holds onto it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sylvi.H.
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->