When did you have your booking in appointment?

joo

Reaction score
I had to ring the antenatal team today because I still haven't had my appointment letter and notes through the post, I'm about 10 weeks. They said there had been "some confusion" because my last pregnancy ended in MC so that's why I've got a bit lost in the system. They booked me in for 2 weeks today, 3rd.Dec when I'll be 12 weeks. I'm a bit peed off really and now keep worrying I'm going to struggle to get a scan appointment. Also it's even longer I have until I feel like I can tell people, getting hard to keep secret because I am already thickening up quite a lot. Did anyone else have a late appointment?

I got 2 letters one with a booking in apt (which was yesterday) and one for my scan at 12+2 (which is tomorrow!!!!!!!!!!!)
I don't think you need to be booked in to get your scan date, as long as the midwifes know you are expecting

Yeh I agree with the post above the scan letter should come seperate (or did for me) so I wouldn't worry too much about that

They don't do it like that where I live. When you go to the booking in appointment the midwife rings the scan department and books the appointment while you're with her . They only send your booking in appointment with your maternity booklet through the post, so I definitely won't get my scan booked until my booking appointment.

Here you call the midwife and arrange your booking in and then you get an letter with a scan date. Hope they dont keep you waiting long for a scan

With my last pregnancy I saw my GP first who referred me to the hospital. Then a letter arrived later telling me to go in then and then for the booking in appointment, think I was maybe 9-10 weeks by then. After the booking in was done, the midwife told me to go to the u/s department to book the 12 week scan.

With this pregnancy I haven't had the GP appointment yet so not sure if the procedure is any different.
Think it's just different practice everywhere!

With my DD I had it at about 9 weeks and scan was on time. Last pregnancy it was booked for 10 weeks, they said they were really behind but didn't get as far as my scan. I'll just be annoyed if they can't book my scan in time for NT screening because they messed up with my appointment :-/

Could you call ahead to your local surgery and ask to speak to a midwifem

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->