When did you see your midwife?

Mummatobe

Mum of 1
Reaction score
Hi, I am 5+4days. I'm seeing the midwife when I'm nearly 6 weeks. What will happen on the first appointment?

Thanks

I see my midwife for the first time at about 10 weeks. She came round for a home visit as I was late for my booking in appointment and just went through a load of questions from the note booklets we're given, medical history, family's medical history, previous pregnancys etc.
She also done a urine example and blood pressure, she was here for about 40 minutes altogether. :)

I saw her last week at 10+1. We went through family history of illness and things like high blood pressure. She asked me which hospital I wanted to give birth in. Whether I wanted the test which tells you the liklihood of Down's syndrome during your scan and then took a wee sample and took my blood. Mine took nearly an hour and half but we spoke about my previous labour x

The earliest I've seen my midwife is 9 weeks. The first appointment was always very long and very boring, lots of questions as pp and nothing at all exciting

The earliest I've seen my midwife is 9 weeks. The first appointment was always very long and very boring, lots of questions as pp and nothing at all exciting

Is 6 weeks to early? Or is that ok? Will she confirm that I'm pregnant by doing any tests. I've had 3 positive tests. So that should be ok.

Is 6 weeks to early? Or is that ok? Will she confirm that I'm pregnant by doing any tests. I've had 3 positive tests. So that should be ok.

No mine didn't. They just took my word for it. They do a urine sample but that's to test for other things x

I saw mine at 7 weeks. She didn't do a test or anything, just took my word for it :)

First time it was a nurse who told me I was pregnant & I saw the midwife at 8 weeks. This time I was 10 weeks & it was a shorter appointment than before as I had less questions about the tests they offer etc.
As with everyone above they just took my word that I was pregnant which is a bit trusting, I'm sure they must get people who lie!

If they've let you book an appointment with the midwife I can't see that they'd say it's too early to go through with it. I went to see my gp at 6 weeks with my first and he rather bluntly told me anything could happen yet so wait until 9 weeks to see the midwife - which I thought was awful wording.

My midwife said pregnant wee looks different so they probably test if the wee doesn't look like pregnant wee.

I normally see them at 8 weeks but missed my appointment so I won't see anyone till 13+3 now (Wednesday)

I have mine on the 26th, so I'll be a day short of 11 weeks. The appointments I've had usually include: taking blood pressure ( sometimes height/weight but not usually) and filling in medical records for notes. It usually takes an hour and drives me insane since I take my own bp and can fill in forms myself. I had a lovely independent MW last time whom I only saw 5 times so this NHS pregnancy is going to be tough, lol. Hope everyone gets scan dates quickly! x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->