When Did You Share the News?

moonbear

Reaction score
Just found out last week and want to tell everyone right now, but we're going to wait a month. When did you share?

I share with friends and family around 12 weeks. ..but we do tell my parents and OHs parents as I suffer with hypermemesis so hiding it from them is impossible literally. ..I'm old fashioned and like to know baby doing well and out the red zone before I tell everyone else ...its hard though lol x

So far only a few people local to me know since I need recommendations on an OB. But we're waiting to tell family until 8-9 weeks.

I have told a few close friends and family members.... I am now 8 weeks. I am waiting one more month to tell everyone.. But for now, I told a few select people I knew wouldn't say anything.. I had to tell some people. It's good to have people to talk to about it, I feel. My sis in law is one of the select few. She texts me at least every other day to ask how I am feeling. Always makes me feel good to get those texts. :)

I'm 6 weeks tomorrow, and a friend suggested telling at 12 weeks too, but it will probably be closer to 10.

Believe it or not I told tons of people when I found out at 3 weeks. My workplace is pretty tight-knit and once I tell one person, it spreads easily. Plus they all knew I was trying. Told family immediately and we're waiting til the 20 week ultrasound to find out the gender before we announce on Facebook. Next time around I probably won't tell so soon, but I was WAY too excited and just had a good feeling about it, and I promised myself I would enjoy this time and not be superstitious. The other thing is, my work friends would have known if something went wrong because I'd have to take off from work, so I figured I'd rather tell them the good news than the bad if it came to that!

We told family and my coworkers almost immediately (5/6 weeks), because I have terrible symptoms. I also put it on Facebook pretty early, but I only have close friends and family on Facebook. Everyone else can just "find out" when they find out.

I've told a few close friends and my brother and his wife. If all goes well at the first ultrasound tomorrow, mom will find out Wednesday night at 10 weeks, and we'll announce shortly after on Facebook.

I won't be telling anyone this time.
Last pregnancy I told my kids only. People figured it out eventually.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lynnedm78
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->