When did you show?

suze12

Reaction score
So I think I'm around 7 weeks pregnant with my second. Already my belly looks big and I think it's noticiable. Is this normal? When did people start to show with their second? Thanks ladies xxx

So I think I'm around 7 weeks pregnant with my second. Already my belly looks big and I think it's noticiable. Is this normal? When did people start to show with their second? Thanks ladies xxx

my theory is that the abdomen muscles are weaker from having been stretched out with an earlier pregnancy, so when you're pregnant again and your uterus starts expanding, it pushes all your organs up a bit, plus early pregnancy bloating, and "voila" you "show" earlier. I think it's legitimate! I don't think it's actually the uterus you're seeing this early, in other words, but I do think your bump IS a result of your expanding uterus pushing everything else up into your abdomen where the muscles aren't as tight as they used to be, hence sticking out a bit. Hope that helps! I'm already "showing" too! I say it in quotations but I know that even though the majority of what my "bump" is is bloating and organs beginning to be all squished, but it's a direct result of being pregnant, so, I'll take it! Lol

Also, I just found this great article with some stuff I didn't even know, like your uterus doesn't return to what it was before your first pregnancy after you give birth so you already have a head start, etc. https://www.parents.com/pregnancy/my-body/changing/second-pregnancy/

About the same time as you. In the beginning it's mostly bloat but I had a definite "bump" by at least 10 weeks. I'm sure I'll show even earlier with this pregnancy.

I was bloated from around 5 weeks, my bloat got bigger and bigger, kinda went down at 11 weeks a little bit to a very sure real bump and now it's just growing a visible when I lay down. I've been wearing maternity clothes since about 8 weeks, maternity jeans namely because I couldn't even get my jeans to button up.

I think I showed about 20 weeks with my first, 13 weeks with my second and 7 weeks with this one. I have a big bump at 12 weeks, and my uterus is about 5cm above my pubic bone.

I started having to undo my trousers about 13 weeks last time but didn't have a proper bump until about 18w. I was reasonably fit before that pregnancy though.

This time round I'm still comfortable in my clothes at 12w though mostly due to a lack of exercise when I have a big meal my stomach muscles wave a white flag and I can look a few more months gone!

Also, I just found this great article with some stuff I didn't even know, like your uterus doesn't return to what it was before your first pregnancy after you give birth so you already have a head start, etc. https://www.parents.com/pregnancy/my-body/changing/second-pregnancy/

Thanks everyone. Sky walker thanks for the link, really useful information. Glad I'm not the only one with the 'bloat' 😄 xxx

I'm so bloated it's awful, none of my regular jeans will do up so I've been using an elastic band to hold them together or just wearing leggings/joggers. I got DH to grab all my maternity stuff out of storage and the comfy stretchy jeans are calling to me already

With my first you could pretty much tell straight away. I know some of it was bloating but it never went down. I was literally ginormous at the end. I'm 7+4 now and I can tell I'm getting bigger but I have a bit of fat this time so it's not as obvious x

This is my 4th baby ... I'm 4 and a bit weeks and my bloat is really bad ! 3 weeks ago I had a 6 pack 😂 .... I feel super uncomfortable too xxxxxx

I've just been pulling all my tops out for work tomorrow, they look awful and cling to my stomach, I don't think it will be long before people guess at work xx

With my first two I didn't show until 4 or 5 months. With this one, I'm 10 weeks and definitely showing already! Dr said my uterus was already to my belly button.

Ugh. I got super bloated around 7 weeks. I think everything has just been pushed up because my "bump" is way too high to be an actual bump. I weighed the same as I do now with my first and this did NOT happen. I just look fat, not pregnant, now at 12 weeks. :(

My first pregnancy i was obviously preg at 14 weeks :)

This article was really great :)

My aunt guessed when I was 8 weeks with my first. I'm in trouble if I show earlier with this one!! Eek!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->