When did you start buying baby things??

brownhairedmom

Reaction score
When did you start buying things for the baby? I want to start once I hit 12 weeks but my mom tells me I'm going to jinx it and that I should wait until the end of the summer!! I say that is WAY too far away for me. I can't go until the end of the summer, especially not after the first week of July when I find out what it is!!

It's up to you whenever you feel comfortable :)

I waited until I'd had my anomaly scan at 22 weeks. It was REALLY hard, but I couldn't have imagined having to come home to a house full of baby things had something happened.

But then again, if you need to budget it's probably worth starting sooner.

I think everyone has different opinions on this, but personally the way we did it worked really well for me even though it was the hardest thing EVER!!!! lol

xxx

I'm buying in August enough time so i'm not too uncomfy to move around.

i started buying yesterday the baby and xmas are 2 close together to wait

I started buying after my 13 week scan, knew that we would need to buy month to month so we don't get stuck at the end of my pregnancy with a huge bill for baby things

Hey, i started after my 12 week scan. Im half way there with all the things i need now! Not buying anymore until we know the sex of babe ( 1 wk today!)
zz

I think I'm going to start after 12 weeks. I'd like to just pick up a few things a week until the baby comes. I'm due Dec 3rd, I'm going to be writing exams and trying to get ready for Christmas, I'd like to have everything done and ready by the end of October so I can just concentrate on being pregnant and finishing exams.

Me and the OH had this conversation the other day and we have decieded to wait until after my 20 week scan.

I dont want anything in the house either so its all going to his sisters until i go to hospital and then they will come round and unpack for me.

Im planning on after my 12wk scan ... like molly said the baby and christmas are a bit close together to i need to do as much shopping in advance so christmas isnt tight

I started buying at 12 weeks, and have gone overboard since lol xxx

After my 8 week scan to make sure she was actually IN there.

I totally went overboard too!:lol:

I started at 15 weeks when I found out the sex(I barely managed to wait till then) and then I went out and I haven't stopped ever since...

But think of it this way,the later you start,the less you'll have to see all this baby things ready and no baby...
xxx

I started with gender-neutral stuff a couple of weeks ago. We are pretty broke and there's no way we can afford to wait.

i bought all my stuff when i was 7 weeks pregnant i didnt want to do it when it gets hot in the summer its madness

ive started getting things early too quite simply because once i get a place my money is going to be swallowed up on rent etc so i need to get all the big things i can bought so i don't worry when i get somewhere to live about buying the baby things.

I've been thinking about this! My mum told me I don't need to buy anything before I am 7 and a half months! I like like what???!! lol
think I'll start after my 12 week scan - jsut cos im desberate to buy a little outifit! Hah
PLus need to spread the cost and not get stuck with trying to buy everything all at once - plus like you say baby and xmas are way to close

I bought bits and bobs from about 15 weeks onwards, but I started shopping properly after the last important scan which I think was about 21/22 weeks.

Shop when you feel ready but I would suggest waiting until you are at least around 15 weeks. Pregnancy seems to take forever so you have plenty of time to prepare and baby shop!

Lol. I started picking up bargains when I turned 20 :blush: Have built up quite a nice collection of baby stuff over the last 10 years :rofl:

I started getting all the big stuff after my 20 week scan. Have to say i was really good up until then although i have resisted the urge to buy anything blue just in case.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->