when did you start Buying/Looking at baby stuff?

MiissDior

Mommy of 3(1 in heaven)
Reaction score

Just Wondering when you Ladies started buying/Looking
at the necessities i.e Prams, Moses Basket, Cot clothes Bottles ETC

How Far gone were you all??

i ventured into mothercare today - Felt like a fish out of water -
was very scary been in there as i havent been in since the week before
i had/lost my little girl at birth..

but i headed straight for the Prams and Seen One i just fell in Love with..
just wondering how soon is too soon..
( i know depends on how comfortable i am with buying things )
But i just didnt want to think/feel like i was alone and a bit crazy
when comes to looking/buying at this stage..

I told myself i wudnt Buy or anything until i had the 20wk scan well over me
but seen that pram today and the woman showed me how it works..
and treated me like a Mummy to be was just a great feeling.. and it finally sunk in then after it that i am going to be a mummy ..
im scared and worried but excited at same time and i really now would love to stick one of them prams away and just pay off weekly then

so a little reassurance from someone that is around/or was and has already baught stuff early into 2nd tri , would be great..:winkwink:

Thanks ladies ..xx

I started looking almost immediately lol, it waws hard not to :D

Bought my pram at about 10 or 11 weeks? There was a good offer on the one I wanted so we just went for it!

DH and I started looking while we were still TTC - pricing out items and stuff... We've started buying gift cards from babies-r-us so we have money set aside specifically for the items, but won't actually start buying items for another month or so, once we hit viability unless something goes on sale that we really really want :)

but if you've found something you love then go for it!! :D :hugs:

Hi MiissDior, sorry to hear of your sad loss :hugs: and congratulations too

I feel like such a fraud when I go into baby shops... I find myself sticking my tummy out just to make sure people know I'm pregnant :blush:

We've started looking at prams but practically ran out of the shop screaming... it was all so scary (worse than buying a new car). I've been trying to buy little bits to spread the cost though - mostly clothes as I know how clothes work!

I know some ladies on here got prams and things almost staright away though.

It's each to their own really. I think if you see something you love then go for it - if you go back later you might not be able to get it.. always check on the net for bargains though.

Good luck and happy shopping!

btw. what pram were you looking at? We're thinking of braving Mothercare tomorrow

I started buying stuff a few weeks ago in the next sale and then had to use my tesco vouchers last week otherwise they'd expire so I got loads of nappies and wipes. Now I've had the 20wk scan dh and I will now start looking at prams etc! Can't wait but need to study hard -there's so many out there! X

Hi MiissDior, sorry to hear of your sad loss :hugs: and congratulations too

I feel like such a fraud when I go into baby shops... I find myself sticking my tummy out just to make sure people know I'm pregnant :blush:

We've started looking at prams but practically ran out of the shop screaming... it was all so scary (worse than buying a new car). I've been trying to buy little bits to spread the cost though - mostly clothes as I know how clothes work!

I know some ladies on here got prams and things almost staright away though.

It's each to their own really. I think if you see something you love then go for it - if you go back later you might not be able to get it.. always check on the net for bargains though.

Good luck and happy shopping!

btw. what pram were you looking at? We're thinking of braving Mothercare tomorrow

Thank You
its very very scary and i was the same i was like, okay so my two girlfriends are with me, will she know am the mummy to be or do i have to go sticking my belly in her face lol:blush:
but she knew it was me straight away so i was delighted..
and she also said let me put the breaks on so it doesnt bump into your belly ..
i was soo chuffed then
But i was shaking like a leaf looking at all the stuff...
hardest bit was then i found myself in the baby girls clothes reminding myself of how it was when buying for my daughter back then :(

But i soon got distracted by my friends calling me over to admire wee boy coloured Booties ..lol...

The pram i was Looking at Oh good question.......
im going to look at mother care website and post back here in 5min with a pic link for you okies :winkwink: xxxx

That didnt take long lol
here it is Hunny xx
https://www.mothercare.ie/ContentBu...7&view=detail&ProductID=PR000002&UniqueID=251

Started looking at about week 8 (after an early pregnancy scan) VERY tentatively (certainly didn't look qualified!).

Took more of an interest after the 12 week/nuchal scan. Started researching prams and things.

Had a late NHS "dating scan" (not a gender san) at about 15.5 weeks and am pretty much convinced that what I saw was a boy (husband missed it :dohh: and sonographer wouldn't confirm or deny :growlmad: ). Have started looking at boys clothes...

Haven't bought a THING yet though: waiting until after 20 week scan (14th September), to confirm gender, and also waiting to buy some things at the London Baby Show (they should have some good deals...) in October.

HOWEVER, Blooming Marvellous have some really nice baby clothes in their current sale AND a 28 day return policy.... So I think that I will take advantage of that towards the end of the month (if I am wrong about the gender, then return/exchange them).

QT

Started looking at about week 8 (after an early pregnancy scan) VERY tentatively (certainly didn't look qualified!).

Took more of an interest after the 12 week/nuchal scan. Started researching prams and things.

Had a late NHS "dating scan" (not a gender san) at about 15.5 weeks and am pretty much convinced that what I saw was a boy (husband missed it :dohh: and sonographer wouldn't confirm or deny :growlmad: ). Have started looking at boys clothes...

Haven't bought a THING yet though: waiting until after 20 week scan (14th September), to confirm gender, and also waiting to buy some things at the London Baby Show (they should have some good deals...) in October.

HOWEVER, Blooming Marvellous have some really nice baby clothes in their current sale AND a 28 day return policy.... So I think that I will take advantage of that towards the end of the month (if I am wrong about the gender, then return/exchange them).

QT

Im waiting until after my 20wk scan to confirm gender too as sonographer told me 2nights ago i was having a Boy.. But i deffo be waiting to go blue until its confirmed or changed to pink..
and if i do decide buy anything il deffo be buying netureal colours :)

aww iv to wait until 1st oct to get gender confirmed
wish was as soon as you :)

Best of luck with all your shopping :)xx

i got the cot, pram and moses basket at 19 weeks lol :p
i cnt help it

I bought a few bits at about 11weeks then lots after my 12week scan (the next sale aswell of course, hehe :rofl:
I got my pram when I was about 14weeks.
Then since I have found out im having a girl, me and my mum went out and got LOTS of girly pink things!! :yipee: xxx

I started looking before i was pregnant lol

ith my daughter i bought little booties after 16 weeks,with twins after 20 weeks.

aww iv to wait until 1st oct to get gender confirmed
wish was as soon as you :)

Best of luck with all your shopping :)xx

It'll come round soon enough :winkwink:

Yes, I wouldn't buy anything before 20 weeks UNLESS it was in a great sale AND a return policy (too much risk). I am 90% sure it is a boy, but it could have just been a coincidentally placed umbilicol cord... :dohh:

I will look forward to some serious shopping once we know. Probably shouldn't buy too much - am sure other people whill want to spoil him/her too...

In the mean time, enjoy window shopping: I think it is great to have a good idea of the things that you want before you start buying...

QT

Hi, I started buying at 12 weeks , only big thing left to get is prambut getting that at 20 weeks xxx

That didnt take long lol
here it is Hunny xx
https://www.mothercare.ie/ContentBu...7&view=detail&ProductID=PR000002&UniqueID=251

oooh - very nice.. looks kinda like a Quinny - I love the colour of the one on the webpage. I really want a nice bright colour :)

Happy shopping :winkwink:

I have not started to buy anything yet. I want to make sure everything is good and well and my 20 week scan. I don't want to wait so I can colour coordinate as most of my big things I'm going to buy in a neutral colour anyway.

Plus I want to wait for my partner to get back from Afghan before I start making decisions. He needs to be a part of it aswell.

All along I've planned to start all that after my 20wk scan. The scan's coming up this Tuesday :happydance: and I told hubby that after the scan, we're doing lunch and then going pram shopping!

I did stop in the pram/cot section at John Lewis the other day, as my very first venture, and I totally know what you mean... I felt sooo intimidated! I had no idea what I was doing or what I should be looking for!

I'm 20 weeks and I have nothing left to buy...I went crazy and bought everything already. I'm having a baby shower on October 17th...but I don't know what the point is, I've got it all! Well, I need some hooded towels and actual outfits, I have tons of onesies and sleepers, and I guess you can't have enough diapers and wipes...but seriously that's it. I've resorted to buying baby food (don't worry I checked all the expiration dates, baby will have long since ate the food by the time it expires) because I don't have anything else to get. God only knows what I'll do when the kitchen cabinet that has been reserved for baby is full.

I need professional help lol

I am waiting for my 20 weeks scan which is on my daughters birthday (good omen I hope), so I know all is well this time round, then I am going to go crazy, we have been saving up for nearly 4 months now and I know when I hit the shops it will take mins to spend ot LOL but I just love shopping and then I will hopefully know what we are having. Have seen the pram I want ut if it is a boy I will be looking for a new house too LOL x x x

atm i have moses basket, pram (2, had 1 bought for us also) and just a few clothes, once OH is home we will buy everything eles, i willbe 23 weeks by then :) xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sylvi.H.
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->